Niefern-Öschelbronn Travel Guide

• Hotels
  • Things to Do

Niefern-Öschelbronn Things to Do

by christine.j Updated Aug 31, 2011

I decided to walk from one village to the next, but chose to take the old route. This took me away from the main street, left into Mühlenstrasse and then across the hills up to Öschelbronn.
    It was a very nice walk, no cars at all, but only birds, flowers and a great view across the valley.

by christine.j Written Nov 9, 2006

Also without large, black forests it is nice to go for a walk in the area. It was very windy the day we were there, a beautiful day in autumn and we enjoyed our walk through the meadows. The sheep looked at us ,but couldn't be bothered to get up from their rest.

• Niefern-Öschelbronn Hotels

0 Hotels in Niefern-Öschelbronn

Niefern-Öschelbronn Restaurants

by christine.j Written Nov 9, 2006

We went to Niefern-Öschelbronn on a religious holiday and there were quite a lot of visitors in the villages. Several restaurants had been recommended to us and we started checking them out. The first one was closed, okay, let's go to the next one on the list. It was closed. We drove to another one, this time only I got out of the car. It was closed. So was the next one! In a way it's nice to see that a religious holiday is observed, but for all restaurants to be closed on a day when many visitors are coming? Well, religious observation ranks higher in the village than good business.
    At this point we were seriously considering either MacDonalds or the service area at the Autobahn, when someone in the village suggested the Best Western hotel.
    I had never gone to a Best Western for the restaurant, so this was a first time for me.It was delicious! You could tell from the accents that many other people in the restaurant were local, that's always a good sign.

Favorite Dish: They were offering some autumn specials, pumpkin soup, home- made dumplings, chanterelles, mushroom omelette. Very large servings, which made dessert almost impossible. But we shared and managed two desserts.
    Very friendly service and a good selection of vegetarian dishes. Sometimes that's hard to find, so I always have an extra look for it.

As we plan to be in Niefern-Öschelbronn more often, we will certainly go back there.

Instant Answers: Niefern-Öschelbronn

Comments

Niefern-Öschelbronn Travel Guide
Map of Niefern-Öschelbronn