Sindelfingen Travel Guide

• Not a great picture. I took it while driving away.
    Not a great picture. I took it while...
    by alsport
    snow bunny
    by lilbunnygirl
    Oof! Too many kartoffelballchen!
    by lilbunnygirl

Sindelfingen Hotels

Sindelfingen Restaurants

by cemetarygirl Written Apr 16, 2004

The owner, Johannis, is Greek. He takes your order himself, and serves you. This place has a very home-like feel, and you can't help but enjoy yourself. Even if you don't speak German or Greek, his son speaks English, but we played a bit of pictionary to tell stories. We went there twice, and I wish we would have found out about this place sooner, because we would have gone there a LOT more before we left. A complimentary shot of Uzo(some type of peppermint/licorice schnapps) adds to the experience. We spent a while just telling sitting, and talking with the owner. He's a very sweet man, and they take great pride in making sure you get what you want, and that you like it. I HIGHLY reccomend this place!!!

Favorite Dish: I loved everything I ordered...The seafood dishes are excellent, but I found nothing I wouldn't reccomend. Let them know what you're in the mood for and how hungry you are, and let them choose, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

by cemetarygirl Written Mar 10, 2004

The food is good, the atmosphere is good, waitresses speak english. There are bels on every table and one large bell: if you ring the table bell, you buy a round for the table, if you ring the large bell, you buy a round for everyone in the place. These people take their alcohol seriously, so don't think you'll ring the bell and get out without buying everyone their drinks..hehe

Favorite Dish: Cordon Blue( pork) and there is an Italian drink like the German Jagermeister, but much better, it's called Rammazooti(spelling is probably off)

• Beer Tasting

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo
    Oof! Too many kartoffelballchen!

by lilbunnygirl Written Feb 15, 2004

You'll be plenty full when you leave

This restaurant is located in the Gasthaus Zum Reussenstein in B?eblingen and the friendly staff and excellent Chef serve up traditional Swabian dishes in heaping portions.

The menus are only in german, but the mutilingual waitstaff will help you muddle though if you can't decipher what a certain dish consists of.

Favorite Dish: The meat dishes are exceptional, my husband had the pork chops once a week for the entire 3 months he was working in the area. I stuck to the beef dishes, I had several and they were all quite tasty.

The best side dishes were the spatzle and the kartoffelb?llchen (little fried balls of mashed potato...mmm!)

Desserts were out of this world, they would often make us a sampler tray so we could have a little nibble of everything. The wild berry parfait with vanilla ice cream was a favourite.

Sindelfingen Nightlife

by cemetarygirl Updated Mar 10, 2004

This place is cool: plenty of pool tables, a few dart boards, and big tables for people to get together and play cards. They serve everything from hot chocolate to red bull and vodka, and some food.Price per hour for pool table is 6 Euro Drinks are reasonable. Laidback atmosphere. Kids are welcome.

Dress Code: None

• Study Abroad
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Singles

Sindelfingen Local Customs

by cemetarygirl Written Mar 10, 2004

Most people in Europe in general get paid more than America, so tips aren't neccesary, and if you do tip, don't leave it on the table!!! They considert his an insult, just hand it to them. Or if you want them to take the change from your bill and keep it, tell them..allice... that means all.)

Sindelfingen Off The Beaten Path

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

by lilbunnygirl Written Feb 16, 2004

If you're movie buffs like we are, going to the movies is a perfectly acceptabl way to spend an evening of your vacation. Especially if it's the holiday season and there's good movies to be had.

Many theatres in Germany dub their movies, so we had a job to find a place to see Lord of the Rings: Return of the King instead of Herr der Ringe: Die Rückkehr des Königs.

The Corso Kino in Vaihingen was fantastic. Comfortable seats, lots of room for your food and drinks on a little table in front of you, decent sound, sodas in glass bottles, and a good assortment of snacks.

2 paws up!

Instant Answers: Sindelfingen

Comments

Sindelfingen Travel Guide
Map of Sindelfingen