Know about this? Rate It!
Ludwigsburg Palace in Ludwigsburg is one of Europe's largest baroque residences and is found in Ludwigsburg just north of Stuttgart. The Palace was built by Duke Eberhard Ludwig von Württemberg and he originally intended to only restore a hunting lodge that burnt down but by the time he died the buildings had become the most grandiose of all German palaces and a new town had developed. Ludwigsburg Palace contains a portrait gallery of the rulers of Württemberg and also their burial vault, a state art gallery and archives, the castle and regional museums, and a theatre. Concerts and an annual garden show are held in the castle and park. There are also two other castles, Favorite (1718) and Monrepos (1760) built within the Palace grounds.
I was there very early in the morning and it was freezing. A lot of the old part of the Palace is not heated! Thank god for hot air hand dryers in the bathrooms, I spent a lot of my time there thawing out. More in my Travelogue Residenzschloss Ludwigsburg (Baden-Württemberg), Schlossstrasse 30, D-71640 Ludwigsburg
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Stuttgart Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Burma Hotels
- Praia da Rocha
- Bolgoda Lake Hotels
- Amlan Hotels
- Chandlers Ford Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path