Places to eat in Stuttgart

Most Viewed Restaurants in Stuttgart

• antistar's Profile Photo

Cortijo: Spanish Tapas Bar/Restaurant

by antistar Updated Oct 14, 2013

I came upon this Spanish tapas bar and restaurant on Nadlerstrasse, after wandering around hopelessly with a full bladder and an empty stomach. I was in this state because I'd spent an hour searching for the Iden restaurant on Eberhardstrasse, as recommended to me by the Rough Guide to Germany, only to find it inexplicably closed when I eventually found it. I swear the Rough Guide is years out of date.

Not to worry, though, as chance took me to Cortijo. The waiter at the door, who looked uncannily like Antonio Banderas. He was watching me stand between his restaurant and another, but with a look on his face more like he wanted to help me than give me the hard sell for his restaurant. Without prompting I asked him if he spoke English, and in perfect English he informed me that there was no language other than German that he spoke. After much laughter I was sold, but he insisted that I see the English language menu before I sat myself down, just in case there was nothing that I wanted.

I picked the Spanish omelette, and chose a seat at the bar to people watch as they made my dinner. The place was hopping, and there were plenty of Spanish voices to be heard, and mostly from the customers rather than the staff. The food that passed me by looked amazing, and I was salivating by the time tortilla arrived. I was not to be disappointed, as it was fantastic. I had to eschew the complimentary bread, to make sure there was as much room as possible to stuff every last bit of the main dish into my stomach. At only 8.80, including a bottle of my favourite San Pellegrino mineral water, it was a veritable bargain. I left a good tip.

Tip: click on the Anfahrt link at the bottom of the Cortijo's website, linked below, for a map.

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

Sophie's Brauhaus: Local Brewery in Stuttgart

by TomInGermany Updated May 31, 2013

We visited Sophie's Brauhaus for lunch on a cold and rainy Saturday before heading over to Stuttgart's Spring Festival (Fruhlingsfest). The brewery restaurant is located in a pedestrian area and was a little hard to find as was finding a place to park. The beer and the food made up for this inconveniencey but I don't plan on making a special trip back there because of the limited parking.

Anyway, the food was very tasty and the menu selection was extensive. The locally-brewed beer (I had the Helles) was pretty good.

If you are interested in seeing more of my posts on German brewery restaurants please check out my Germany travel page.

Favorite Dish: Try one of their Maultashen dishes. These are large pasta squares that are a specialty of the Stuttgart area. At least that seems to be the only place I find them on the menu.

Their Entrance Their Helles beer. A tasty potato dish An even better tasting dish Their decor

• Maria250's Profile Photo

Ackermann's Kneipe und Bar: German farmer food

by Maria250 Updated Aug 21, 2011

Haven't been there, but it was during world cup, and still is, well known for screening every of the plays in some great atmosphere not just for soccer fans. And their menu does offer fantastic food & beer. Pls take also a look at ATXtraveler's Stuttgart tips .

source: www.ackermanns.de/ueber-uns/memory/

• Kurtiemon's Profile Photo

Stäffele: Authentic German Food

by Kurtiemon Updated Apr 4, 2011

Stäffele is locaed down a side street and looks rather small. Once inside you feel like your somewhere else. The food is great and by far the best authentic German food I had during my (2) weeks in Stuttgart.

• Business Travel

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Krause and Krause: Volksfest Tent Feast

by Roadquill Updated Oct 12, 2010

When at Volksfest one must do as the Volks. This includes drinking mass quantities of excellent brew, and also some local specialties, factory made in the tent kitchen. All sorts of sausage type menu items, but pork knuckles was one thing I had never had before. So what else to order.

Favorite Dish: The broiled pork knuckle is mostly bone and then mostly skin and then there is the meal size portion of ham. Throw in a crusty roll and a liter of course to wash it down. I seem to recall it being around 11 euro.

Pork Knuckle
    • Festivals

• Ianchen's Profile Photo

Veggie voodoo king: Yummie veggie food

by Ianchen Written Sep 14, 2009

It's rather kind of a fast-food place, with some stand-up tables. They have lots of different kinds of sauces with your falafel, which are all delicious. Also try the soup of the day! Clientele and staff are rather alternative, interesting people; everything is vegetarian, and they have organic drinks and juices as well. Sometimes your order might take some time - they are not really efficient if larger groups of people come in ^^.

Pinar: Best halloumi in town

by Ianchen Written Sep 14, 2009

Pinar was one of the first Kebab-places in Stuttgart to sell Halloumi, fried cheese. It's delicious! It makes a perfect fast lunch, dinner or after-party-food - they are open really long, I think like 5am or something on weekends. They are on Theodor-Heuss-Strasse, the clubbing street.
    They also have yummie Doener Kebab, Lahmacun, salads, Pizza and many more. Most things are around 3 to 5€.

Favorite Dish: Halloumi Spezial: Halloumi in a Yufka with fried vegetables.... awesome.

Alaturka: Best Doener in town

by Ianchen Written Sep 14, 2009

There are lots of places in Stuttgart to have a Doener Kebab, but this one is considered one of the best. There they don't use only the "ordinary" vegetable, but some more for a change.
    It's not super-convieniently located, but still within walking distance from the city center.
    A Doener Kebab is 4€, which is a more than average - but it's worth it.

• Eat Drink Man Woman Korean Restaurant: Good Korean Restaurant in Stuttgart

by irwinr Updated Sep 6, 2009

a good korean restaurant that is still open located in Stuttgart called Eat Drink Man Woman, bebelstrasse 27, 70193 Stuttgart, 0711-540-5286. They have very good korean barbeque and the kimchi is pretty good. The prices are a little high, but worth it if you are craving korean.

Favorite Dish: Kalbi- korean bbq served with kimchi vegetables, rice and lettuce.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Tascaria Maredo: A good restaurant with a funny atmosphere

by Cristian_Uluru Updated Aug 31, 2008

Tascaria Maredo is located along Königstrasse, the commercial street of Stuttgart, just few meters from the Schloss Platz. Here you can taste Spanish, Mediterranean and German dishes in a friendly and good atmosphere. All served with a good local beer.

Favorite Dish: To eat in this restaurant was a good experience. As starter I tried a very good tomato soup served with whipped cream. As main dish I can suggest Hüftsteak (Hip steak) (180 g) finely grained with pepper souce, aromatic herbs and chips. Very good were also Hamburger (200 g) with French potatoes and grained tomatoes.
    As dessert I tried a delicious Crêpes Argentina: two Crêpes, filled with cheese cream creme and raisins, with Argentinan caramel sauce " Dulce de Leche ". Another fantastic dessert is Apfelstrudel: stove-warm apple strudel, serves with warm vanilla ice cream.

Tascaria Maredo

• seoulgirl's Profile Photo

MAI Asia Spezialitaten: Great Vietnamese

by seoulgirl Written May 9, 2008

They have dining inside and outside. It's really close to the city center of Vaihingen.

Mo-Fri 11:30-14:30 Uhr

SA. 1700-2200 Uhr.
    So. u. Feiertag 1700-2200 Uhr

Favorite Dish: I was craving an Asia salad the other day and thought I would never find one since I"ve tried at least 10 Asian restaurants and hadn't even seen one on any menu. I had driven by this place and thought I should pop in. They had the salad!! It's called Bun Tait GA and is on the specialty Dishes list. It has rice noodles topped with sauteed seasoned chicken with roasted chopped peanuts on top. Underneath is a salad with lettuce, carrots, and bean sprouts (not many bean sprouts around that I have noticed). It is served with a dressing you ladel over it yourself. It's made of vinegar, sugar, and fish sauce. There was also lemon grass in it and a distinctive flavor that gave it that tiny bit of an exotic element I couldn't identity. And tons of it. When I left she said it is usually made at dinner time but they made is special for me. It was 7.50 euro. They even have Pho soup on the menu (evenings also). Can't wait to go back.

There is also an extensive menuThai and Chinese specialties also.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Alte Kanzlei: Great Swabian Food

by ATXtraveler Written Feb 23, 2008

Sarah and I were looking for a nice restaurant for our last night with her best friend Angela (adawn412) in town. Without doing much research on the topic, I randomly asked the Europcar rental guy which restaurant he would recommend in Stuttgart. He gave us three suggestions, but recommended Alte Kanzlei highest. We strolled the 10 minute walk from the main train station to the Schlossplatz where the restaurant was located, and sure enough his directions were impeccable.
    With torches lit outside, and a rather swank look about the place, we were concerned this meal would be a little over budget, so we looked at the menu before entering. Nothing too out of line for the meal, so we went in. Modern setting was an interesting ambiance to a building that was built so long ago. Table seating without a reservation took only a couple minutes, and we were sat in the quieter section past the bar where it appeared alot of couples were out for a romantic dinner.
    I started with the Malteser Hefeweissen, which hit the spot after a long day travelling. The three of us then looked at the menu and decided we may have to go family style on this meal, as we each wanted to try the Kasespaetzle (cheese noodles) and at least two of us wanted the roast as well. Sarah and I split the opening salat, and then enjoyed splitting the two entrees. The roast was cooked perfectly, with enough of its roasting juices on the plate to be sopped up with the potatoes. The onions which topped the roast were absolutely phenomenal, probably the best onions I have ever had with a piece of meat! The Kasespaetzle was also delicious, with enough cheese to noodle ratio that every bite had a portion of each. Pieces of bread were offered, and used for additional sopping of my plate, wanting to make sure none of the juice was wasted!
    Overall, I would highly recommend this place, as it was delicious and the service was excellent.

• Luxury Travel

• bonio's Profile Photo

Il Mulino: Il Mulino

by bonio Written Oct 19, 2007

Next to Degerloch station, good tasty Italian food in a comfortable and friendly restaurant. Look out for the daily specials - good value. Enjoyed our visit here.

The bar next door is also worth a visit - very friendly.

• Arsalans Kepab: Superb quality kebabs

by Bewohner Updated Oct 3, 2007

This review comes from visits in August and September 2007.

casual place on busy street corner with counter service, excellent quality döner kebabs and particularly the iskender kebab platter, portions here are a bit smaller than I would prefer and the prices seemed high, easy enough to grab a great kebab for takeout, but they also have nice tables and a tea set-up for dining, they have a lunch buffet that looked quite good but I did not try, the behind-the-counter service is a bit oddly standoffish, but the kebabs here are at a superb level of quality that I rarely encounter—no doubt I would return for that reason alone

Favorite Dish: This is a great place to try the iskender kepab platter--which includes lamb slices over pide bread with a tomato sauce. Quite delicious here--thought the small portion is a bit too small.

• Study Abroad

• Beykebap: Quick takeout döner kebabs

by Bewohner Updated Oct 3, 2007

This review comes from a visits in July and August 2007.

simple take-out for very good quality döner kebabs, good fresh ingredients and quick service, perfect for a quick bite on the go

Favorite Dish: the basic döner kebab is quite tasty and filling

• Study Abroad

Latest: May 20, 2014
Koerschtal Hotel Stuttgart
Latest: Jul 2, 2014

Instant Answers: Stuttgart

Comments

Stuttgart Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Stuttgart locals.
Map of Stuttgart