Weinheim Restaurants

Woinemer Brauerei
    Makes it easy to find.
    by TomInGermany
    Should be great in the summer

Most Recent Restaurants in Weinheim

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

Woinemer Hausbrauerei: Weinheim's Microbrewery

by TomInGermany Written Dec 26, 2011

Woinemer Brauerei

What makes it special? It is the only restaurant in the town that makes its own beer. Enough said.? No?
    The Woinemer Hausbrauerei has a a really nice atmosphere and even though we were the only English speaking people in the restaurant we didn't feel out of place. They only had two English menus but our waiter spoke enough English that we didn't have any problem ordering our beer or our food. The place was fairly busy and our food took a fairly long time to arrive but that gave us more time to check out their brews.
    Their current seasonal beer was the Tillator Doppelbock which we all thought (those that were tasting) wasn't all that great. their Dunkel and Hell beers were okay but nothing to write home about. They did have a beer with a lemon shot in it that was, on the other hand, extremely tasty. I'm not one to dilute my beers but this was an exception. If you don't like beer give this drink a shot.
    The food was pretty good. I had a very nice Flammkuchen (sort of a thin crust pizza with onion, bacon, and cheese on it) and the salads were huge. We plan on going back in March to try out their Red George beer and possibly listen to some Celtic bands.

Favorite Dish: Maybe not the best tasting dish but certainly the most interesting was the one that comes in a wheelbarrow (see photo) The barrow is filled with french fries and there is a skewer resting on top piled with beef and turkey chunks as well as two sausages. You need to order it just so you can try to figure out how to sneak the wheelbarrow out of the restaurant.

• Beer Tasting

Café Florian: Great Flammkuchen

by christine.j Updated Apr 4, 2011

In the year 1000 Weinheim was given the right to have a weekly market and from this time on the market square has been the center of social life. Today there are about 10 restaurants on both sides of the square, right next to each other and always crowded. My favourite is the Café Florian, about halfway up the square.
    They serve a variety of breakfasts until the afternoon, also daily specials.
    As soon as the weather permits, people sit outside on the square, even they still have to wear their winter jackets.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish here is the Flammkuchen, a sort of French Pizza, with a very thin dough and various toppings. My favourite drink is their own type of coffee, called Willi im Glas. This is a strong coffee, served in a glass.

Cabana Beach: A beach and a frozen lake

by christine.j Written Feb 5, 2009

This restaurant calls itself a Caribbean place with a view over the lake in Weinheim. There are fake palmtrees and inside the restaurant a large plastic shark is hanging from the ceiling.
    As it was a very cold day in January when we went there, all this was really funny. The view over the lake was great, only instead of a sandy beach we could see snow on the frozen surface. Actually I liked this better, at least it was much more unusual.

But we had not come to see the frozenlake, but to have a nice lunch. The menu offered a variety of dishes, including several vegetarian ones.

I had the vegetarian tapas plate as a main course, it was excellent and very filling, too much actually for an appetizer. Others in our group had the Pasta Creolia and a vegetarian pizza. The only non-vegetarian chose chicken. Everybody said it was very good.

None of us was hungry enough for desserts, so we only had some coffee.
    We paid 65 Euro , really not too much for the quality of the food. We will be back, even after the lake is free of ice again.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Burgschenke: Reward yourself after the hike up

by christine.j Written Oct 9, 2007

The Burgschenke is the restaurant of the castle Wachenburg. So after a strenuous hike up to the castle or the difficult drive up or the hardship of parking, or simply without any reason, you can sit in the castle yard and enjoy good food. For me it was easy, I hadn't done the driving, nor the parking, though I had got out of the car and signaled to my husband when he was parking.As it was a beautiful day in autumn, the parking lot was overcrowded and we had to manoeuvre our small car into the last space, very! close to the edge.
    Then we started hiking and came back later to the Burgschenke. We got the last table outside, had onion cake and new wine (for me) and coffee (for the poor driver), what better way of enjoying the autumn sun.

A price-range is hard to give, as there are some items on the menu which are really expensive, but also many which are very reasonable. We paid 10 Euro for two onion cakes(very good!), a glass of new wine and a coffee.
    You shouldn't be in hurry when you order food here, as they prepare everything fresh. It is very good, but it also takes a long time, obviously.

Woinemer Hausbrauerei: A small,private brewery

by christine.j Written May 9, 2006

There is a small brewery in Weinheim,which is still privately owned and not by any of the big breweries. It's called Woinemer Brauhaus, Woinem for Weinheim, as it is pronounced in the local dialect.
    There are two restaurants attached to the brewery, one is a beerhall / pub type of place, the other a fancier restaurant. They offer plain, German food, but also have specialty weeks, like a Scottish malt whisky week - that week I went there - and now they're having a lobster week.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish there is a drink, the dark beer. I'm not a beer drinker, but the black beer they brew there is pretty sweet and I guess that's why I like it.
    "Real" beer drinkers, of course, would never drink it, they can try any of the other types of beer offered in the brewery.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Woinemer Hausbrauerci: Good German Food and Bier at Reasonable Prices

by keida84 Updated Jul 6, 2005

The sign circa old

On our first night out, we went to this local favorite of our hosts. "Woimemer Hausbrauerci". It had something for everybody, including a very picky eater...me!

Once I got comfortable with reading the menu I discovered a whole new world of food out there and I am willing to try some of it.

We were seated on the patio, thanks to the higher powers that be, but it still remained terribly smoky from all of the cigarettes. We in California are spoiled by clean air!! Germany should adopt the same kind of measure on smoking in common areas.

Favorite Dish: I had Herzhafte (a cracker crust spread with a spreadable cheese, topped with crubled bacon, onions, garlic and cheese (kase). A new world pizza and it was good!

Kris will eat wurst only in Germany, so that is what she had. (Hello Pepto-Bismol!), Sally had Kartoffetaschen which is a potatoe based meal and Frani going for the quesadillas (tres German!)

I had a good laugh as the waiter put a bottle of "Evian" water on the table. I asked does anyone know what Evian spells backwards? NAIVE. SO when I want to spend $3.5 euro on a bottle of trendy water, I choose..Naive!

• Business Travel

• keida84's Profile Photo

Fuchs'sche Muehle: Everything from Soup to Nuts

by keida84 Updated Jul 6, 2005

The reception table

We were at this restaurant for a wedding reception. It was by far, one of the best places I have dined at, and really, come to think of it, I have dined at some very good restaurants.

A great place for an anniversary, birthday or just for a great dining experience.

Favorite Dish: The menu for the wedding was previously decided, let me see if I can recreate it:

Soup (mmmm good) some kind of beef bullion with noodles, I was eyeballing people who did not eat their soup so I could have more) no one had extras.

Salad course full of "pokey salad greens" as my sister calls them, and out of polite company we will suffice to say; well there is a further story to "pokey salad" but it will not be told here. Good salad course by the way, nice vinegrette dressing.

Fish came next, I passed mine on to the family who proclaimed it "excellent" I was still looking for soup.

Meat course next, oh boy, Pork roast encrusted with Rosti style potatoes, fresh green beans and carrots and plenty of gravy!
    Those potatoes are worth walking a mile for.

Followed by ice cream served in a praline cup and then........

Lastly, a cheese and fruit tray completed this gastronomical fete'

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Weinheim

Comments

Weinheim Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Weinheim restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weinheim sightseeing.