Know about this? Rate It!
Seat of power
Favorite thing: Germany's seat of government was built at the end of the 1800's. Renovated in 1994 with the magnificent glass dome added in 1999. Open from 8am to midnight, although last entrance to the dome is 10pm.
Favorite thing: Reichstag, another landmark of Berlin, has been the focus of momentous events in German history. In May 1999, it once again became the seat of the Bundestag, the German Parliament.
It was a British architect created this state-of-the-art parliamentary facility, preserving only the building's historical shell. Its most striking feature is a giant glass dome hovering above the plenary hall. At the centre is a mirror-clad funnel that reflects the light in myriad directions, which is quite funny.
See der Reichstag
Fondest memory: This old building with the new dome. A must for people visiting Berlin. Unfortuanetly it was closed when I arrived.
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Berlin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Chebba Hotels
- Seoul Hotels
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels
- Sand Harbor Beach State Recreation Area Hotels
- Massachusetts Hotels
- Rwanda Hotels
- Clearwater Beach
- Kaimuki Hotels
- Pulau Pangkor