Know about this? Rate It!
The new synagogue
The original site of a much larger synagogue that was destroyed in the Kristallennacht or the night of broken glass (please excuse my German). It has been rebuilt using the original material where possible.
This synagogue was once the symbol of Berlin's tolerance and then turned to the complete opposite.
Today, in fear of the next wave of feelings it is protected by soldiers and anti-tank blocks.
This is the plaque from it.
- Religious Travel
follow the dome
While wandering around Berlin, I noticed a shiny gold dome. It really stood out and I followed it as well as I could and came across the New Synagogue. The original structure in the Moorish style was destroyed in 1938 and there is still heavy security around it due to continued threats. This area is full of corresponding ethnic restaurants and an interesting place to walk around. It's on Oranienburger Strasse and conveniently acrosss from Aufsturz, a great cafe.
The gold dome of the New Synagogue is seen from any distance. It is one of the greatest and beautiful in the world. It was constructed in bisantian-moorish style.
- Religious Travel
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Berlin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Corpus Christi
- Sevilla Hotels
- Province of Pangasinan Hotels
- Sirhind Hotels
- Kamakura Hotels
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- Honolulu Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path