Know about this? Rate It!
The new synagogue
The original site of a much larger synagogue that was destroyed in the Kristallennacht or the night of broken glass (please excuse my German). It has been rebuilt using the original material where possible.
This synagogue was once the symbol of Berlin's tolerance and then turned to the complete opposite.
Today, in fear of the next wave of feelings it is protected by soldiers and anti-tank blocks.
This is the plaque from it.
- Religious Travel
follow the dome
While wandering around Berlin, I noticed a shiny gold dome. It really stood out and I followed it as well as I could and came across the New Synagogue. The original structure in the Moorish style was destroyed in 1938 and there is still heavy security around it due to continued threats. This area is full of corresponding ethnic restaurants and an interesting place to walk around. It's on Oranienburger Strasse and conveniently acrosss from Aufsturz, a great cafe.
The gold dome of the New Synagogue is seen from any distance. It is one of the greatest and beautiful in the world. It was constructed in bisantian-moorish style.
- Religious Travel
- Historical Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Berlin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sant'Alessio Siculo Hotels
- Husayn al `Ali al Falah Hotels
- Blå Jungfrun Nationalpark Hotels
- Buting Hotels
- Pebble Beach
- The Verrazano Bridge
- Porec Off The Beaten Path
- Wexford Off The Beaten Path
- Shenzhen Off The Beaten Path
- Orvieto Off The Beaten Path
- Eskilstuna Off The Beaten Path
- Worthing Off The Beaten Path
- Chichester Off The Beaten Path
- Water Ways
- Bilbao Off The Beaten Path
- Yoho National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Papua New Guinea Off The Beaten Path