Know about this? Rate It!
The other Berlin Wall
Finding traces of the famous Berlin wall, which divided the city for 30 years in the twentieth century, is a popular activity with visitors to Berlin.
Yet there is another Berlin Wall, from medieval times, which few people know about and which is much harder to find.
the picture is one of the last remaining parts of Berlin's medieval town wall and it can be found in the Nikolaiviertel.
Nikolaiviertel is one of the city’s oldest buildings.
Nikolaiviertel was destroyed during the War and reconstructed between 1981 and 1987 - as close as possible to its former appearance.
Um den Nikolaikirchplatz
U-Bahn: Klosterstraße (U2)
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Berlin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Malletts Bay Hotels
- Runaway Bay
- High Point State Park Hotels
- Virgin Gorda Hotels
- Kløfta Hotels
- Boracay Island
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path