Snacks (Döner, Currywurst, etc.), Berlin

by johngayton
  • zizquark's Profile Photo

zizquark's Restaurant Tip

by zizquark Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite Dish: The currywurst is Berlin's gift to the world of fast food. Served at Schnell Imbiss (fast lunch) stands all over Berlin. A currywurst is a bratwurst cut into sections, smothered with tomato sauce, and then sprinkled with curry powder and paprika and sometimes worteshire . A currywurst is usually accompanied by a brötchen (roll) and goes well with bier.

• sbahns's Profile Photo

Ok, retaurants aren't really...

by sbahns Updated Aug 25, 2002

Ok, retaurants aren't really in my experience in Berlin. Most people eat out at an Imbiss for great food. (Well, those in my price range anyway). They have great quick food in Berlin. Have a turkish Doner Kebap. They are really tasty!

Favorite Dish: Have a turkish Doner Kebap. They are really tasty!

• oja's Profile Photo

Bratwurst Stands

by oja Written Aug 25, 2002

Bratwurst Stands

Favorite Dish: Bratwurst - the typical German snack, basically a hot-dog. Being a veggie I haven't had it myself, but as I spent a day with three Milano guys showing them about and finally asking them if there's anything more they'd like to see or do, they sighed in unison: 'Bratwurst!' So off we went and found a stand on Alexanderplatz which sold it at 1 DEM a piece. Definitely the best deal in town, but I'm not sure if it's still there!

• 'Stand-up' foodstalls for...

by Pegasus74 Updated Aug 25, 2002

'Stand-up' foodstalls for German sausages sauced with ketchup and/or mustard + a bun, and a beer; many can be found in Breitscheidplatz, beside the ruined Memorial Church. I didn't go into any restaurants cuz I believe they serve something like that as well - sausages, maybe with potatoes.

Cafes and snack houses are ubiquitous in Berlin where you spend less money to gain just a little more fats. Train stations usually have one or two that sells tempting pastries.

• Fritzi's Profile Photo

'Ku Damm 185': 'Ku Damm 185'

by Fritzi Written Aug 24, 2002

Best 'Currywurst' in Berlin. Traditional Imbiss (fast food) stand at the Kurfuerstendamm. Local celebs have their weekly dosis of currywurst there. Last time met Pierre Litbarski & his girlfriend, now Tokjo, former soccer worldchampion with the German national team in Italy 1990.

Note: Some things I truely miss in LA

Favorite Dish: 'Curry mit Darm und Pommes Rot-Weiss'

• Shar's Profile Photo

Kebab take away shop on the...

by Shar Written Aug 24, 2002

Kebab take away shop on the main road leading um.. you know the one?? I'll get back to you n that one. Anyway - its was awesome
    real meat - no offel after taste. Do I need to explain that more????? Didn't think so
    fresh salads on it
    tasty tahini and homus - Yummmmmmm
    Just good *** all 'round really.

Favorite Dish: Kebab of course.

• go_doggo's Profile Photo

For the most part, we were...

by go_doggo Written Aug 24, 2002

For the most part, we were always grabbing something from the street vendors. I love sausages and I definitely ate my share while in Germany! I never knew there were so many different kinds!

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

wurst: At least funny

by boasnovas Written Jul 30, 2008

During the rush of tourist´s sigth seeing take a break at Alexanderplatz and by a wurst one of those men seelling around the place...at least funny!

• ersavas's Profile Photo

Kottbusser Tor: The Station: Everything Turkish

by ersavas Updated Feb 28, 2005

the place, where you can eat, buy and see in turkish. Its really like a small turkish town

u1, u15 kottbuser tor

picture taken by ilter

• PookieRabbit's Profile Photo

Snacks (Döner, Currywurst, etc.): Currywurst

by PookieRabbit Written Jun 16, 2004
    Currywurst

You must try a Currywurst while in Berlin. I ate more than a few of these on my way home from clubs in the early hours of the morning!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo

Kamps: Coffee and cake

by nigelw6443 Updated Oct 15, 2003

Stop for coffee and cake!

It is a tradition in Germany to stop and have coffee and cake in the afternoon. All over Berlin you will find bakeries with tables outside where you can buy a coffee and a piece of cake.

Instant Answers: Berlin