Ku-Damm (Kurfürstendamm), Berlin

Kurfürstendamm, B-Charlottenburg/ Wilmersdorf

Know about this? Rate It!

STEFANEL
    HOFFMAN GROCERY
    H & M - ENTRANCE
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Postamter: There is!Post office open till midnight

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 15, 2004

POST  OFFICE

When I saw Bundespost (German Post) logo at the corner of Joachimstaler Straße and Ku-Damm I went to the post office located nearby to buy postage stamps there. Although it was busy Saturday midday there were no lines (I remember them from... the USA).

Despite the post office was located in the same heart of Berlin it wasn't open non-stop. But I can't complain. I was told that it was the longest operating post office in Berlin.
    Opening hours:
    Mon - Sat: 8.00 am - midnight,
    Sun: 10 am - midnight!

What to buy: Postage stamps - available exclusively at post offices.
    I was told that there were some automats selling them located by post boxes in Berlin but I didn't find any.

What to pay: Postage stamps for postcards to:
    Europe - 0.40 €
    Outside Europe - 1.00 € (they gave me LUFTPOST = air mail labels).

Cafe Leysieffer: Sweet gifts from Berlin

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 15, 2004

CAKES  BY  LEYSIEFFER

I came inside this luxury German cake shop and cafe (on 1st floor) when Urszula was doing shopping (or rather window shopping) in nearby Gino Rossi shop (btw there were great shoes there).

They sold pralines, cakes and sweets (chocolades, marzipan, truffles, various fruit jams) and champagne inside the impressive disigned interior of the cake shop on the ground floor. On request everything was put inside lovely, colorful boxes (red hearts) and/or wrapped with colorful paper with a gift/greeting card added.

I didn't know that name "Leysieffer" when I came there. Now, I know that it's the German chocolate manufacturer who offered sweet specialties since 1909. I saw some of them in KaDeWe supermarket later.

What to buy: As I have a little experimental soul when I travel I bought: white chocolade with... chili :-). I never ate it before. Interesting taste but not worth almost 4.00 ? as I remember.
    Next time I will buy something else there: maybe some cakes from my picture and something as gifts from Berlin to my family/friends :-)

What to pay: Expensive stuff! Approx. 3.00 - 4.00 € for 100g chocolade.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Gino Rossi: Shoes made with pasion!

GINO  ROSSI  AT  KU-DAMM

My strong recommendation for everyone (esp. women) who is looking for beautiful top class shoes at reasonable price. Simply shoes worth the cost.

It's the first store of Italian shoe designer Gino Rossi (from Tuscany where my lovely Florence is located) in Germany opened in November 2003 at the best location in Germany - the most representative part of famous Kurfürstendamm. And there were many German costumers when we were there.
    The store was not too large but the interior design was beautiful. The staff was very well-trained, exactly what one can espect in top class store. The very kind (and pretty :-) lady - saleswoman informed us (in English) that they had over 300 designs of shoes in collection which changes twice a year (fall/winter and spring/summer).

What to buy: Beautiful and very comfortable shoes for women and (less variety) for men made of grain, nubuck and varnished leather: formal, unconventional, everyday and weekend shoes. Most of them looked like small masterpieces of art.
    Urszula bought two pairs a few years ago (in Poland) and she still is very satified about them.

They offered some leather gallantry there as well: handbags, belts, purses and even jackets.

What to pay: Not as much as one can expect: from say 60 € for beautiful shoes for women to 120 € and over. Hmm... a little more expensive than the same shoes in Poland.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles
    • Seniors

Newsstand at Ku-Damm (Kurfürstendamm): Postcards for 0.40 €

POSTARDS  FOR  0.40 ���  EACH

There was small shop (newsstand) put in the middle of broad southern walkway of main shopping and upscale Berlin boulevard Kurfürstendamm. They offered there: newspapers, magazines, postcards, cigarettes, some gifts (small mascots of Berlin bears), tickets for public transportation (but not one-day tickets) and other small things.

What to buy: Large variety of beautiful postcards for 0.40 € each.

What to pay: Everything at normal prices despite the location on the famous shopping boulevard - Kurfürstendamm.

Fix Foto: The most expensive postcards in Berlin

FIX  FOTO

It was the photo lab which sold some random photo equipment, films, postcards etc.

What to buy: Films or batteries for your camera if you need.

What to pay: Beautiful postcards, sold on a street, usually costed 0.30 € or 0.40 € never mind in which area of Berlin I was. But there was one place when they were over twice more expensive: they costed 1.00 € in front of photo lab marked "Fix Foto". Hmm... rather kind of tourist trap easy to avoid as there were the same postcards for 0.40 € at a newsstand on a walkway next to the photo lab.

• TinyTuck's Profile Photo

Kurfürstendamm

by TinyTuck Written Nov 7, 2002

Kudamm

("Kudamm") It's the representative street of West Berlin and a great shopping mile with luxuary boutiques and international store chains. It's not really my piece of cake (and not my budget), but it was a nice experience to walk down the street on a saturday afternoon and what the people :-)

Instant Answers: Berlin