Potsdamer Platz, Berlin

Potsdamer Platz, Berlin-Tiergarten

Know about this? Rate It!

Shopping center in Christmas lights.
    by Elena_blue
    Daimler Crysler Area
    by TinyTuck
    Arkaden
    by Karin1S
  • Elena_blue's Profile Photo

Shopping centers around the city

by Elena_blue Written Jan 9, 2007

Shopping center in Christmas lights.

I found many shopping centers around the city, all of them tempting to buy buy things. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for my wallet?!) I was there during holidays and most days shops were closed.
    However what I was looking for and could not find one, was a delicatessen store, where I could buy some genuine german products. You see, I love to taste local food. So If you have any advice on such places in Berlin, please let me know, for use on my next visit to the city!

• Karin1S's Profile Photo

Potsdamer Platz: ARKADEN Shopping Mall

by Karin1S Written Sep 27, 2004

Arkaden

You can spent the whole day at that mall. You'll find bookshops, clothes, shoes, electronic . . . at the 3 stories. In the basement are a lot of snack bars and at the ground floor there are very often very interesting exhibitions

What to buy: everything

What to pay: till you creditcard crashs

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Sony Center: Sony Center

by richiecdisc Written Mar 24, 2003

the futuristic Sony Center

I'll have to admit I'm not big on shopping so I was skeptical when Doreen insisted we go to the Potsdamer Platz. But I was really amazed at the futuristic architecture and even the Sony Center (space-age mall) was a jolt to the senses.

What to buy: There are some shops, probably very expensive and of course, some places to eat, where you could sit and watch the dizzying spectacle rising. I settled for a couple of nice brews in the convenient brewpub, Lindenbrau.

• TinyTuck's Profile Photo

Shopping Mall: Potsdamer Platz

by TinyTuck Written Nov 7, 2002

Daimler Crysler Area

At Potsdamer Platz, in the Daimler-Crysler area, there's a big shopping mall (the circular building on the picture).

Instant Answers: Berlin