Drugs, Berlin

by Flura
  • alancollins's Profile Photo

Görlitzer Park

by alancollins Written Nov 24, 2014

When I was looking for place to visit in Berlin I came upon Görlitzer Park, the largest park in the Kreuzberg area. It seemed a pleasant place to visit so I caught the U1 to Görlitzer Bahnhof. The park was built on the site of the old Görlitzer Bahnhof which closed in 1951 and was then put to various uses including coal storage, garages, scrap yard and other small businesses. A swimming pool was completed in 1987 and the area completely revamped into a park in the early 1990's. On paper this seemed a nice place to visit. The alarm bells were ringing as soon as I got off the train with a number of police officers searching a group of men. I carried on and as I walked to the park each of the entrances had a group of young men who were standing around with nothing else to do. The area was run down with graffiti everywhere. I went into the park where the same scene of young men just standing or sitting around in groups continued. The final straw was a couple having a loud shouting match before I made a quick exit from the park. If you want to see the seedier side of Berlin complete with drunks, drugs dealers and muggers this is the place to visit.
    The park is located off Görlitzer Straße, 10999 Berlin

• Flura's Profile Photo

Don't buy drugs on the street....

by Flura Written Aug 26, 2002

Don't buy drugs on the street. Nobody guarantees their quality. Love is the only drug, - one of the Loveparade mottos claims.

Instant Answers: Berlin