Know about this?
A warning that no longer is a...
A warning that no longer is a warning :-).
We had to pass Helmstedt before reaching West Berlin.
We had to come in and show our passport. I had just lit a cigarette and did not want to throw it away so I just walked in with the fag burning.
I found that the officers looked strangely at me, but as far as I knew, nothing was wrong. I just looked at them with my big blue eyes and tried not too smile, I was told you d better not.
When I got out, my friend grabbed me at my arm, calling me stupid and sure was angry.
Then I understood, wow, did I feel blonde! This was east! So no burning cigarettes! Dumb me!
Going through Checkpoint...
Going through Checkpoint Charlie into East Berlin was a strange experience. We had to wear our dress uniforms and then get checked out by the guards who came on the bus with their guns.
When the wall was in place,...
When the wall was in place, even the lakes were patrolled by the East German guards. So as they would say 'that ain't no bass boat' in the picture!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Berlin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Okinawa Hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- Pulau Wan Man Hotels
- Male Island
- Kuala Lumpur
- Kejimkujik National Park Hotels
- Unsafe Areas
- Guangzhou Warnings and Dangers
- Marseille Warnings and Dangers
- Srinagar Warnings and Dangers
- Playa del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- Kovalam Warnings and Dangers
- Reno Warnings and Dangers
- Manila Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Lucia Warnings and Dangers
- Dubai Warnings and Dangers
- Oman Warnings and Dangers
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Warnings and Dangers