Rheinsberg Travel Guide

Rheinsberg
    The castles backyard
    by Bigs
    Old entrance - not used over years...

Rheinsberg Things to Do

by Bigs Written Jun 2, 2007

The main attraction in this small town is for sure the castle, which was home of Friedrich the Great for a few years in his younger days. He passed it over to his brother Heinrich later.
    You can visit the castle on guided tours (only in German I think) and with an audio guide if you like. We took an guided tour and heard many interesting things about the house, which was used as a sanatory during the GDR times. When the wall came down it was in a bad condition.
    My friend used to work there in those days, which was quite interesting to hear. Nowadays the castle is a big reconstruction site, there still is a lot to do inside and outside and money is tight.

Recently they opened new bridges which lead on the castle island. They are build in a modern way, and not all residents in Rheinsberg like them. I think they are quite ok, held quite simple.

From the waterside New bridges The casle frontside Visitors!
    • Festivals
    • Castles and Palaces

Rheinsberg Hotels

Rheinsberg Restaurants

by Bigs Written Jun 2, 2007

The "Alte Fritz" is situated at the main street in Rheinsberg. I think they offer german dishes there.

Favorite Dish: We only went there for an icecream one day. I had an ice coffee. My friend had an Ikea Cup, which was with egg liquer on it I think. Don't know why it's called Ikea but who cares really. It was delicious.

MMHHHH!

by Bigs Written Jun 2, 2007

Had lunch there with the family of my friend and it really was an experience. We sat in the wintergaden in the backyard. As it was a public holiday it was quite crowded and so it took one hour to get our dishes. As a starter the house offered self made bread and self made curd. I especially liked the sweet bread, think it was made with apricots.

Favorite Dish: I loved the steak, scalloped with sheep cheese and served on a zucchini bed. Along with the rosemary mashed potatoes it was a delicate lunch. Really great! We all had a nice red wine from the German Saale-Unstrut wineries which was really good too.

Yummy Dining on the street
    • Wine Tasting

• Rheinsberg Hotels

8 Hotels in Rheinsberg

Rheinsberg Sports & Outdoors

by Bigs Written Jun 2, 2007

Every morning there were tons of grass beetles which were chased and murdered....

Equipment: Shoes, at best with hard soles!!!

Instant Answers: Rheinsberg

Comments

Rheinsberg Travel Guide
Map of Rheinsberg