Braunfels Restaurants

Lower Gate and restaurant Solmser Hof
    by himalia11
  • The resturant to the left, castle to the right
    The resturant to the left, castle to the...
    by darkcat_ak
    Braunfels city center
    by darkcat_ak

Most Recent Restaurants in Braunfels

• himalia11's Profile Photo

Zum Solmser Hof: Restaurant at the Market Place

by himalia11 Written Aug 2, 2008

Lower Gate and restaurant Solmser Hof

The restaurant "Zum Solmser Hof", which also is a hotel, is located directly next to the Lower Gate. We sat outside, with view on the Market Place, really nice. You'll mainly get Greek food, but you'll also get a Schnitzel. Unfortunately they had no Gyros at noon, so I had a plate with Bifteki, Souflaki and a Greek style Schnitzel, which was great - and much! Only the salad was a bit salty.

• Gasthof am Turm: Had the feeling of a pub

by darkcat_ak Updated Dec 5, 2006

The resturant to the left, castle to the right

I have to laugh about this eating experience. My German is really bad, and my parents have been taking German but don’t really use it so we had a really good time trying to figure out what the menu items were. About the same time we were ready to order, the waitress (who didn’t speak English) brought us a menu translated into English. I think we all ordered the same thing we decided originally. It was nice to find out we were ordering what we thought we were ordering though!

There were probably five other people in the resturant, and they were all smoking. I mention this only because my contacts don't get a long with smoky bars! But the atmosphere was worth it.

Favorite Dish: I had the tomato soup and French fries which was good. The onion soup was ordered also, and I couldn’t begin to tell you what my brother had. Something with sausage! While in Germany, eat sausage!

Instant Answers: Braunfels

Comments

Braunfels Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Braunfels restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Braunfels sightseeing.