Suvadee, Frankfurt am Main

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

Baumweg 19 069/4940764

• lumberjack83's Profile Photo

I believe it is possible to...

by lumberjack83 Updated May 14, 2009

I believe it is possible to eat food from nearly anywhere around the globe, in Frankfurt. My favorite is Blacky's, which is a Thai restaurant in the cellar of the Buchschlag burgerhaus. I hope it is still there, as it has been a few year's since my last visit. PeeKhun ran the kitchen and she was the only person who was able to rival my girlfriend's Thai cuisine. They cook with certain spices and use recipes dating from the days when their home, Ayutthaya, was the capitol of Thailand, some 400 years ago.
    Very relaxing neighborhood restaurant, in a small town.

Favorite Dish: Beef with Red Curry or Penang Nuah, the beef is sauteed in red curry and coconut milk is added as well as spices, unknown to me, the results are a spicey dish presented with a creamy sauce and spooned over plain white rice, for those who are less adventurous, the Pahd Thai (fried rice noodles) and Kaew Pahd, (Thai fried rice) are excellent choices as well. There was also a great Thai restaurant in Bornheim, but the name of it and location escape me. It seems like the U-Bahn stop is Bornheim Mitte and I remember it being fairly close to Saturn Hansa, which is a great music store.

• MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo

Suvadee: Thai delights

by MichaelFalk1969 Written Sep 17, 2007

This Thai restaurant in a shopping passage between the Goetheplatz and the Hauptwache (opposite the Hugendubel bookshop) offers high quality Thai cuisine in a restaurant with bombastic Thai decoration everywhere. The restaurant is always full, the athmosphere can be quite hectic, and the staff is not always friendly or overly attentive in my opinion. All in all I would nevertheless recommend the Suvadee because of the excellent Thai food.

• Suvadee: Used to be really fUntastic

by gumboyaya Written Apr 9, 2007

This place was THE place, where I used to bring people to, just to enjoy with them, how good the food - I´m sad to write - was.

No, the food is still good.

But it´s not very good.
    And it used to be absolutely splendid.

Now it´s only, well, alright.
    Worth the money still, but it lost a lot.

Favorite Dish: Try the lemon grass soup for a starter, and you´ll thank me for recommending it.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Suvadee: Nordend: Thai

by antistar Updated May 13, 2006

Considered by some to be the best Thai food in Frankfurt, if not all Germany. There are a few other Thai restaurants in Frankfurt that would vie for that title, but this one is definitely a fair contender. For such high praise the price is reasonable, at around 12 euros for a main dish, and the food is extremely tasty.

The service is very fast, and the menu is extensive. They even have English (and Thai) translations of all the dishes, including all the ingredients detailed, for those whose grasp of German or Thai cuisine is not up to much.

• universalgypsy's Profile Photo

Suvadee: Best Thai in town

by universalgypsy Written Oct 20, 2004

Suvadee has two restaurants in Frankfurt, both are quite well hidden. It is worth seeking them out though, as their cuisine is very authentic. Prices are ok, I am always prepared to pay a bit more for "real" asian food in Germany, as I find that most Asian restaurants adapt their food and the spices they use to the german tongue - which is not known for its tolerance for spicy food!! As an australian girl , I can take real chilli, so I can recommend this place from the bottom of my chilli-ridden stomach!

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian spring rolls are amazing, but most dishes are very good.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Frankfurt am Main

Comments

Hotels Near Suvadee
4.5 out of 5 stars