Apple Wine Express, Frankfurt am Main

• Apple Wine Express
    by yumyum
  • Apfelwein

by infrankfurt Written Aug 1, 2008

I thought the Apfelwein tour was the biggest waste of money!!! I have lived in Frankfurt for three weeks, and this past weekend, my friend came and visited. I decided to take her on the Apfelwein and we were really disappointed. First of all, the station is impossible to find, because it is just a regular Strassenbahn stop to the right of the zoo (no signs!) Once we found the bus stop we had to wait, because one tram was full.

When we finally boarded the tram (30 minutes later), we were given a choice of what we wanted to have to drink and a bag of pretzels. A little while later, we were given a brochure with where we were going. I thought that this tram would be like other trams I have taken (Washington, D.C., for example) where they tell you what buildings are and a little history on the buildings and the town, but there was nothing! Plus, you don't get a second drink, and on this particular day, I needed the refreshment!

I think the price went up, because I am pretty sure I paid €6 for it.

I would not recommend it, because you really do not get your money's worth. Just walk around the city a couple days, stop at a restaurant and get some Apfelwein, get a guide book and it would be so much better!

• doug48's Profile Photo

apfelwein express

by doug48 Written Jun 6, 2008

the applewine express is a fun touristy thing to do in frankfurt. you get on the tram at zoo station in central frankfurt. for 5 euro you get a small bottle of local apple wine and a pretzel. the tour takes you all around downtown frankfurt and lasts about an hour. you can leave the tram at various stops if you wish.

applewine express
    • Museum Visits
    • Architecture

• dircelo's Profile Photo

Apple Wine Express - original way of sightseeing

by dircelo Updated Jun 12, 2005

For lovers of old trams not only San Fransisco is the place to be, but also to some extend Frankfurt. The so called "Ebbelwei Express", in High German: "Apfelwein Express", in English: "Apple wine Express" is a method of sight seeing or getting an impression of the city. It travels for about an hour to both sides of the city across the river Main, but only on Saturday, Sunday and some public holidays. Start and Finish is the station "Zoo", but you can hop on or off at several other stops.

Ticketprice is 5Euro, 2.50 for kids. Applewine, applejuice, sparkling water will be provided as well as pretzels.

The train can also be hired for 2hours+ for company parties, weddings, evening celebrations etc.

• Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Take a tour on the Ebbelwei Express

by yumyum Written Feb 1, 2007

The applewine tram is very colourful and on weekends you may spot it. If you want to ride on it you pay 5 Euro and get a bottle of applewine and a pretzel.

Ebbelwei Express

Instant Answers: Frankfurt am Main

Comments

View all Frankfurt am Main hotels