Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse

Street theatre

by chicabonita Updated Sep 29, 2004

A scene from 2003 festival

Favorite thing: Every year for a few days in July the street and places in the old part of Heppenheim change into a stage. It's the time for the international street theatre festival which is called Gassensensationen. Each year different artist like acrobats, actors or musicians with different programms perform on the open air stage.

Fondest memory: The 2003 festival is already over. I saw just two very excellent performances out of many. To little time for all spectacles. Like every year the festival passed to quick. See some pics in my travelogue of the Leo Bassi's scene which was extraordinary!

I'm already looking forward to next years sensations!
    6 - 9 July 2005

• Theater Travel
    • Festivals

Learn about Hessian legends

by chicabonita Written Sep 19, 2004

Favorite thing: www.laternenweg.de

About 120 of these silhouettes decorate the street lamps in the old city. They tell ancient Hessian legends. At each lamp you also find a small sign with some infos ...

Starkenburg

by chicabonita Updated Sep 19, 2004

Favorite thing: Located in the towers is a youth hostel.

You also find a restaurant. I never eat there, just had a drink but from the terrasse you have a wonderful view over the Bergstrasse and if the wether is good you could also see Mannheim at the horizone.

• Hiking and Walking

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Typical for Heppenheim or for Germany?!?

by chicabonita Updated Sep 19, 2004

Favorite thing: A few weeks ago I took my bicycle for a ride in the fields around Heppenheim. I must admit, that I don't know the surrounding very very good.

I was surprised when I passed by this little nice lake and was even more surpised to read the sign saying:

"Private Fishpond - angling, bathing and boating forbidden. Entering only for members of the Angling Club"
    which stands around the lake in an interval of about 2 m!

by chicabonita Updated Aug 31, 2003

Goose of Heppenheim

Favorite thing: If you stroll around the old city you maybe will meet this goose when it is on pass. It is the pet of someone living near the market place. The goose is very friendly and I guess it really enjoys to be one of the attractions on the market place :-)

Partner cities

by chicabonita Updated Jul 9, 2003

Our partner cities

Favorite thing: In Germany it is common that towns/cities have partner cities. At least in France and Italy. In Heppenheim the partnership with Le Chesnay/F is very good. Each year an exchange week for the pupils takes place. My sister joined such a week years ago. But I have to admit (shame on me :-))) that I haven't visited any of our partner cities so far. Maybe in the near future .... ?

Hessentag

by chicabonita Updated May 26, 2003

Favorite thing: Each year the Hessentag takes place in a city in Hessen (State of Germany). As you can see from the picture it will take place in my Hometown in 2004. I really have no idea what Heppenheim plans for that special event. If I would read Heppenheims newspaper I think I could know something... But what I know is that due to the Hessentag nearly the whole city is a construction site and that is really terrible ... I hope the Hessentag will be worth the trouble.

Fondest memory: Lets wait and see. I visited a Hessentag just once. About 12 years ago when it took place in Lorsch, 5 km away from Heppenheim.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

One of my favourite places

by chicabonita Updated May 3, 2003

That's how I like the pool

Favorite thing: Each year I can't wait till summer time starts and the pool opens. I like swimming. And after a long night out with lots of drinks for me it is the best way to get a "clean" head. The best time is when only few people visit the pool. Then I could spent hours just looking on the water. It is very calming and as in Heppenheim is no ocean near by ...

Vineyards

by chicabonita Updated May 26, 2003

Between Heppenheim and Bensheim

Favorite thing: The Bergstrasse is the smallest wine region in West Germany. Riesling is very typical. It was traditionally a white wine regione but red wines (like Dornfelder) are more and more coming.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse

Comments

Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse Favorites

Reviews and photos of Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse sightseeing.

View all Heppenheim an der Bergstrasse hotels