Kassel Restaurants

View from their window
  • Fridericianum & Kuppeltheater from the restaurant
    Fridericianum & Kuppeltheater from the...
    by Nemorino
  • All you can eat for EUR 6.90 (as of 2006)
    All you can eat for EUR 6.90 (as of...

Most Recent Restaurants in Kassel

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

Hoang China Restaurant and Cafe: View of Friedrichsplatz and Kuppeltheater

by Nemorino Updated Nov 17, 2013

Hoang restaurant with view of the Kuppeltheater

What does Kassel have in common with Wiesbaden? Well, for one thing, they both have a Chinese restaurant on the top floor of a building with a good view of the opera house.

In Wiesbaden it's the Man-Wah and here in Kassel it's the Hoang China Restaurant and Cafe in a modern shopping center called the Koenigs-Galerie (King's Gallery). From their windows you can get nice view of the Kuppel-Theater and the Museum Fridericianum.

Second and third photos: More views from their window.

Fourth photo: At their buffet you can eat as much as you want for EUR 6.90, and that price goes down to 4.90 if you feel like eating during their slack hours, which are from 3 to 5 in the afternoon. (Prices as of 2006.)

Fifth photo: The King's Gallery celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2006. While it may look like just another modern shopping center to most of us, in fact it represents a great improvement for Kassel because it replaced a particularly ugly and inappropriate multi-story parking garage that had defaced this central location for several decades before the city finally risked the wrath of the automobile lobby by having it torn down.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Ilyssia: Kassel's best Greek restaurant

by King_Golo Updated Oct 29, 2006

I've been to Ilyssia several times and I'm always fascinated by how good food can be! This place is a must if you're into Greek food. Apart from the great food, the atmosphere is also nice - the restaurant is located in a quiet living area and in summertime you can sit outside on a terrace.

Btw, on the website mentioned below, you can find a map how to reach the restaurant from Wilhelmshoehe train station.

Favorite Dish: definitely the "Grillteller" - different kinds of meat barbecued in Greek style with French fries and tsatsiki

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

L. da Vinci: Kassel's best Italian restaurant

by King_Golo Written Oct 29, 2006

To celebrate the end of my studies, my family and I visited this place "L. da Vinci" - it was really great! The food is great, the atmosphere is modern and convenient, and the staff is very nice. Perhaps the only drawback are the prices - L. da Vinci is not actually cheap.

Favorite Dish: I very much enjoyed my bruschetta as a starter, and the scaloppi as a main dish.

• AndyRG's Profile Photo

Another greek restaurant...

by AndyRG Written Sep 27, 2002

Athens again?

There are many greek restaurants in Germany, Kassel couldn't be the exclusion... I didn't eat at this one (generally, I want to try the local cuisine in every trip), but it was funny to see all the time in front of me my country, I was really bored!

• PFS's Profile Photo

There are plenty. But it is 27...

by PFS Written Aug 25, 2002

There are plenty. But it is 27 years ago when I lived in Kassel, so I´m not so familiar with the situation now. When I am in Kassel, I stay at the house of my mother, so I don´t need a hotel or (you can imagine) a restaurant. But next time I will see and ask old schoolfriends.

Instant Answers: Kassel

Comments

Kassel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kassel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kassel sightseeing.