Oberursel Restaurants

pork chops and a happy friend
    by arda_ataoglu

Most Recent Restaurants in Oberursel

• arda_ataoglu's Profile Photo

Alt Oberursel Brauhaus: Best beer and local food in Oberursel

by arda_ataoglu Written Sep 25, 2007

Very nice and big platters ! Perfect beer, brewed in situ...

Favorite Dish: The sausges pan, good for 4 people, is fantastic. Also another friend had the pork chops and it was also delicious. Homemade bratwurst also is worth a try. But the beer, wow!

sausage plate pork chops and a happy friend the homemade bratwurst
    • Business Travel

Ristorante Tiramisu: Italian intead of German, Refreshing

by JJBlondie Written Aug 21, 2004

We ended up making this place one of our favorites. Not only could we sit outside on the covered patio, we ended up having a reserved table for the majority of our vist because we ate here so often. The owner was a delightful Italian who personally served us on all our visits, and who suggested meals and wines that complimented each other, our moods, and the weather. This is one place I look forward to returning to if I ever make it back to Oberursel. The staff was friendly and the other guests gratious as well.

Favorite Dish: I had so many good dishes here, but I think my favorite was the gnocchi in gorganzola sauce. If you like Gorganzola, this is a must eat dish. Served with a salad, grilled veggies, and garlicky, authentic dinner rolls, it was an increadible mix of flavors.

• Business Travel

Zum Schwanen: Oldest Eatery in Oberursel

by JJBlondie Written Aug 21, 2004

Another typical biergarten. Long tables under trees with lights. Great atmosphere. Wonderful food. Traditional German fare, like you find in this region. Spaetzle, bratkartofflen, schnitzel. A very lovely place to hang out, I ate there often. The owner speaks English too which is very nice.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is a local dish that I call Eggs in Green Sauce, or the German name Grune Sosa. Its basically nine fresh herbs mixed with mayo and yogurt, served with hard boiled eggs and whatever side dish you like. It was a nice vegetarian change from all the traditional breaded pork, and it is a specialty dish of the region, so you won't find it in all parts of Germany like you will Schnitzel.

Zum Schwanen Biergarten
    • School Holidays

Zum Hirsch: Another local eatery

by JJBlondie Written Aug 21, 2004

Sitting outside in the small biergarten, which was more like a traditional American patio, we drank bier and whiskey (one of the few biergartens that also had a bar) and ate traditional German food, schnitzel, spaetzle, bratkartofflen, salad. It was a comfortable place to hang outside with friends.

Instant Answers: Oberursel

Comments

Oberursel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oberursel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oberursel sightseeing.