Rüdesheim am Rhein Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rüdesheim am Rhein

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Bei Hannelore: A really friendly reception

by Maryimelda Updated Jun 4, 2012

There was I lugging my suitcase up the Drosselgasse and thank God there were no big crowds that day. Anyway I chose a restaurant to have my lunch and was met at the door by two extremely friendly waitresses who took my suitcase and showed me to a table. It was a typically German restaurant which had all the old world ambience that one hopes to find in a typical German restaurant.

An added extra bonus was the Oom Pah Pah music which was being rendered by a happy little band of musicians who were playing to a dance floor full of dancers at 1.30pm! I've experienced this before in Munich I think and it quite simply delights me as we have nothing like it in Australia.

Favorite Dish: I had the wiener schnitzel with chips and salad which I thoroughly enjoyed. Accompanied by a glass of red wine and some lovely crusty bread all for less than 20 euros. I was very happy indeed!

• Photography

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Zum Drosselmüller: A German meal at last!

by toonsarah Written Aug 1, 2010

Although all our meals were included in the price of our cruise (and were very good), on our second evening in Rüdesheim we went into the town to have dinner with a friend who was in the area at the same time. We chose a restaurant pretty much at random – it had tables outside, a menu with some typical German dishes (we had been eating French and international cuisine on the ship, which however delicious had seemed a bit odd when holidaying in Germany) and the prices looked reasonable.

Favorite Dish: There was plenty of choice on the menu, including some dishes of local game. Between the five of us we chose several of the different schnitzels on the menu, a salmon dish and a cold meat platter. Nothing was outstanding, but everything was tasty. We drank seven large beers, two soft drinks and two of the traditional Rüdesheimer coffees (see my Local Customs tip for more about these). Our bill came to €96 for the five of us.

While we sat outside the interior had started to fill and a band was playing. We saw through the window that some people were dancing but we were content to sit outside and enjoy the traditional music that drifted out to us. Although not on the famous Drosselgasse, the restaurant clearly likes to keep up the local custom of live music and would be a good choice for anyone who wanted to experience this while avoiding the worst of the crowds.

Zum Drosselm��ller At Zum Drosselm��ller - cheers!

• Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

Hotel Lidenwirt Terasse: Oompah on live

by Dr.Styranki Updated Aug 1, 2007

Traditional multilevel terrace, serving traditional German pork, beer and oompah music.
    Big dancing floor, with lot of drunken German pensioners. Sercive is not the fastest and you should be careful when synchronising the orders with food and drink. Jolly Good experience.

Favorite Dish: "People who eat bratwurst and sauberkraut cannot be evil", the old saying from the Lapland.

Gerdrude's favorite

Winzerkeller: Beer Gardens everywhere

by shrimp56 Written Aug 17, 2005

To be fair the terrace part of this well-known restaurant is only one of the possible ways to eat here.

Favorite Dish: You can expect lots of cream sauces, sausages and sauerkraut as well as local wine and good German beers.

Winzerkeller

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Riesling-Stuben: A quiet meal in the middle of tourist heaven!

by shrimp56 Written Aug 17, 2005

We spent some time selecting where we would eat and finally decided on on downstairs "pub" part of this restaurant on the corner of Drosselgasse and Ober str. It was, of course, decorated to please the tourist, but it was cool and quiet, despite being able to see the tourists streaming by.

Favorite Dish: We ate simply -- my companion had the ribs with a glorious baked potato. I had a ham and cheese baguette -- the cheese being melted goat cheese. We shared a fresh and tasty mixed salad. And of course drank the local white wine, Riesling. One German website cites it as among the best food in town. The upstairs also looked charming.

Riesling-Stuben

Drosselhof: The oldest wine tavern on Drosselgasse

by shrimp56 Written Aug 16, 2005

Drosselhof claims to be the oldest wine tavern on the narrow street, having been founded in 1727. It has both a restaurant and a pub as well as an impressive wine cellar.

Favorite Dish: You can choose from the standard regional specialties washed down with beer or Rhine wine:)

Drosselhof

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Stadt Frankfurt: The best food in Ruedesheim!

by wadekorzan Updated Jun 17, 2004

By far, this is the best place to eat in the whole village!!!!! I go to Ruedesheim on a regular basis because of my job, and I think I have eaten everywhere in the village--and I really think the quality of the food here is outstanding. The thing is that most people like to go to the restaurants with the live music, where there is dancing, etc. This place is small and peaceful and quiet and is so nice! In summer alot of people eat out on the terrace, which is beautiful.

I can highly recommend the Rheinisches Sauerbraten (beef slices marinated in red wine vinegar). They also have simple but tasty salads!

Stadt Frankfurt

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Drosselhof: Ruedesheimer Kaffee - hmmmmmmmmm....

by globetrott Written Jun 13, 2004

Restaurant Drosselhof is to be found in DROSSELGASSE, the most famous street in Ruedesheim am Rhein.
    The restaurant offers great wines, food and live music in during dinner-time.
    This restaurant is one of these places, beeing able to serve hundreds of people at the same time

Favorite Dish: my mother tasted Ruedesheimer Kaffee, while I explored the village.
    That kind of coffe is served and prepared directely in front of the guest, as explained under "local customs"

Ruedesheimer Kaffee

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

Bei Hannelore: Great atmosphere nd very friendly service!!!

by wadekorzan Updated Dec 24, 2003

Anyone who has been to Ruedesheim knows that the main street and the street along the Rhine is too touristy. But if you come to Ruedesheim, forget about all that and remember WHY people come here: for the good food, the good wine, the fun atmosphere. This restaurant is on the famous "Drosselgasse", and has a fun atmosphere and great service. The food is good. If you order a beer, you might try it in one of the "lady glasses" or the waist high boot. And girls and ladies should make a point to check out the funny walls of the MEN's restroom. Don't worry, girls are sneaking in there all the time. The menu is in English and German (and I think French). I always eat Rheinisches Sauerbraten, typical of the region. It is not the best Sauerbraten in town, but it has a great atmosphere. (If you want the BEST Rheinishces Sauerbraten in town, I know where to go--go to the restaurant called "Stadt Frankfurt"--quiet place but I have eaten everywhere in Ruedesheim and theirs is the best). But don't miss the restaurant "Bei Hannelore".

Bei Hannelore

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Ratsstube: Ratsstube

by Sjalen Written Sep 9, 2002

In Rüdesheim you want to avoid Drosselgasse like the plague. It is picturesque and full of restaurants but these are all overpriced and full of tourists. That is why we found this one instead. We stopped because the menu had a vegetarian alternative that looked filling which is unusual in Germany where it is mainly some fried potatoes and eggs that are on offer. Not here where instead it was a rösti and vegetables dish. The starter soup turned out to have meat in it despite us asking but then the waiter was apologetic and offered us free ice cream for our daughter instead. and she had also been given crayons and paper. when we arrived. We sat on a cosy terrace and the service was fast and cheerful. They also (like many) have their own contacts in the wine trade and buy their own wines from the nearby village of Assmanshausen and oh, were they good!

Favorite Dish: The wine!

A cafe near Adlerturm: If it's hot & you have time before the boat leaves

by shrimp56 Written Aug 17, 2005

It was hot. We had a half hour before we could board our Rhine cruise so we sat down and had some great ice cream!

Instant Answers: Rüdesheim am Rhein

Comments

Rüdesheim am Rhein Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rüdesheim am Rhein restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rüdesheim am Rhein sightseeing.

View all Rüdesheim am Rhein hotels