Rüsselsheim Travel Guide

Rüsselsheim Hotels

Rüsselsheim Restaurants

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

by TomInGermany Written Jun 28, 2012

If you are looking for a German brewery restaurant that is there to cater to the neighborhood residents, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a relaxing place to bring your children and let them wonder around, this is the place for you. If you want to see how the local spend a nice Sunday afternoon, this is the place for you. The Kleines Rüsselsheimer Brauhaus is located in the small town of Alt-Haßlock just to the east of Rüsselsheim. There is nothing of interest in this part of Germany so spend some time exploring Frankfort City and then pop down to the restaurant for a relaxing evening.

You can tell it is a small locally run brewery restaurant. There restaurant is fairly small but very nicely done, they don’t have glasses with their name on them, and even their coasters are only decorated on one side. However, their plates did have their name on them which is a little unusual for Germany. Their beer garden is also small with about 10 tables that can sit about 8 people. But this is what makes it great. You get to sit and interact with the locals. I don’t speak much German but it was just enjoyable to sit there, sip my beer and watch the interactions. The best part was there were actual German children running around. In almost all the restaurants I’ve been to you will see dogs but not children. It is almost like the town in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where the town locks up their kids. Here the kids were wondering in and out of the Beer Garden and generally being kids.

Now to the food and drink: The food was good. Not great, but not bad. I had a nice schnitzel and my wife had a baked potato that had enough sour cream to pretty much hide the potato. The beer was also good. Not great, but definitely drinkable and worth going back to. Their menu was a typical German menu.

If you are interested in seeing more of my posts on brewery restaurants please check out my Germany travel page.

Favorite Dish: I'm going with the beer. I like locally brewed beer.

Kleines R��sselsheimer Brauhaus Their Dunkel My Dinner Find the potato Viewed from the Platz
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Rüsselsheim

Comments

Rüsselsheim Travel Guide
Map of Rüsselsheim