Seligenstadt Restaurants

the main reason to visit Seligenstadt
    by TomInGermany
    See their umbrella in the background
    Their Beer Garden is through the gate

Most Recent Restaurants in Seligenstadt

• MD2nd's Profile Photo

Kloster Cafe in Benedikteriner Abtei: No doubt this cafe is pleasing

by MD2nd Updated Apr 23, 2013

Kloster Cafe in Benedikteriner Abtei

Though we've had nothing of their great looking selection of cakes and pastries and such, but coffee, mineralwater and juice only, their menu showed us that they do provid with nice breakfast and lunch. Lovely family and seniors oriented cafe.

• Seniors

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

Klein's Brauhaus: The other Brewery in Seligenstadt

by TomInGermany Updated Aug 5, 2012

Exterior View

After spending a couple of hours wondering around the town and visiting the Christmas market we walked to the restaurant which is across the street from the train station and only about a 10 minute walk from the Altstadt. We arrived shortly after it was supposed to open (4:00 pm on Sunday) and actually had to wait for them to unlock the door.
    The interior was very nice and it looked like a great place for a good hearty meal. The menu was fairly small with the traditional German fare. Since it was early we settled for a plate of french fries (which were very tasty). My wife tried to order hot chocolate but they were out which wasn't good on a cold German December day.
    The real reason we went there was so I could try their beer. I tried the Helles (not bad), the Dunkles (didn't care for it) and the Weizen (very tasty). They were also brewing a doppelbock (seasonal) but I thought three was enough.
    The downside to the place was the lack of an English menu and/or a staff that speaks English. While we can muddle through when ordering our food and drink (without too many menu surprises) it is nice to be able to talk the staff about the place and the beer they make. Maybe next time.
    We plan on going back to the town in the summer since it looks like it will be beautiful when the flowers are blooming. When we do I plan on going back to this restaurant and drinking some more of their weizen beer and any other seasonal beer they may be making.

If you are interested in seeing more of my posts on German brewery restaurants please check out my Germany travel page.

Favorite Dish: Their Weizen beer was very crisp. Not sure if that is the best way to describe what I was tasting but I liked it all the same.

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

Glaabsbrau: The larger brewery in town

by TomInGermany Written Jul 15, 2012
    Their Beer Garden is through the gate

There are two breweries in Seligenstadt – Glaabsbrau and Kleines Brauhaus. Glaabsbrau is the larger of the two with a wide selection of beers that you can purchase in bottles at the local drinks stores (getränkemarkt) in the local area. There are also a number of restaurants in town that serve this beer (just look for the Glaabsbrau Umbrellas in their beer gardens) as well as the breweries own beer garden located on their premises.

My wife and I stopped at this beer garden after spending a couple of hours touring Seligenstadt to include the Basilica and its gardens to the east of town and along the river. The beer garden is located in a courtyard inside their brewery. It is fairly small but quaint. They serve food at lunch but then stop during the afternoon hours which is when we got there. However, the two beers I sampled still tasted pretty good. Their dark wheat beer was the better of the two.

If we ever make it back to the town we plan on having dinner at the Römischer Kaiser Restaurant located across the street from the brewery and, if I have my facts right, is affiliated with the brewery.

If you are interested in seeing more of my posts on brewery restaurants please check out my Germany travel page.

Favorite Dish: Try the dark wheat beer (hefeweizen dunkel)

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Römischer Kaiser: Good food next to the brewery:

by Trekki Updated Mar 24, 2010

My starter - antipasti

Following our brewery tour we all had dinner here. This restaurant once belonged to the Glaabs family but they have sold it some time ago to concentrate on brewing only. But it shared the courtyard with the brewery and both have several joint events such as the Hof-Fest in June (courtyard festival) and others, depending on the season.
    We all had a starter with several antipasti (main photo), very good. As a main dish I chose feta cheese au gratin with a sauce of tomatoes and herbs. It was also quite good although they had to warm it up, since I was busy talking to our brewery guide. Of course I had Vitamalz instead of beer since I had to drive back home.

I am not sure if I would recommend the restaurant to single travellers or small groups, since it seems to be famous for huge groups, according to their website. When we were there (a group of 25), two other groups also had their dinner there. It is a question of “taste”, either you like the atmosphere with huge groups as a single traveller or not. The food and dishes are good though.

Oh, of course you can have all the varieties of Glaabs Brewery's beer here.

Favorite Dish: Sorry that I am unable to give any prices. Since we came as group, had made our selections during our meeting day and all was being paid by our company, I don't know the prices. The website does not have a price list either. But I would assume that the prices are average, which means 4-9 Euro for starters, 9-20 Euro for the main dish, depending on the choice.

Instant Answers: Seligenstadt

Comments

Seligenstadt Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Seligenstadt restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seligenstadt sightseeing.