Seebad Heringsdorf Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Seebad Heringsdorf

Wasserschloss Mellenthin

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

In the centre of the back country on Island Usedom, about 20 km from Heringsdorf, is this nice old moated castle. It is not (yet) totally restored, but most of the castle is finished. The restaurant is in the main building. Parking is just outside the moat. To get to the castle you must walk across the (pedestrian) "toll" bridge, where they charge 3 Euro as sort of entrance fee - you get a voucher, and can deduct the amount from your restaurant bill.

Favorite Dish: I was there in the afternoon and opted for the waffle with cherries and whipped cream (4.80 Euro) but ordered a scoop of vanilla ice-cream (plus 1 Euro) on top of that ... totally yummy. I also had a latte macchiato, which was very tasty, too. Service was very good, the place is definitely worth a recommendation.

• Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

Feiner Happen

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

There are dozens of places in the seaside resorts that sell snacks made of fish/seafood. This one is right in the centre of Hernigsdorf, next to the Tourist Office and next to a small grocery (another advantage). The place is always busy, open daily until 6 pm (also on Sundays/holidays).

Favorite Dish: I bought fish rolls (Bismarck herring and Matjes fillet) here - very good, actually the best I had on this trip, except that I did NOT like the rolls much (but the fish, onions and salad even more). Price is 2.20 Euro for one.

Idyll am Wolgastsee

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

After a hard fight against the strong, cold wind toward the end of a cycling trip I needed a break in a restaurant. This (hotel) restaurant was recommended in my guide book, so I dropped in. It is right on a main road from Ahlbeck to the back country, thus lots of traffic in front of the hotel - the backside is calmer, but I did wonder why it is called "idyll". And only a tip of the lake after which it is named was to spot through the woods.

Anyway, nice, almost noble ambience in the restaurant. Service was professional, not overly friendly, but competent and quick.

Favorite Dish: I had strawberry parfait with chocolate sauce and whipped cream (4.90 Euro) and a cappuccino (2.50 Euro) both pretty good.

Hofladen Sellin

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

I happened to stumble upon this place on one of my cycling trips in the back country of Heringsdorf. Sellin is a tiny village on the eastern shore of the lake Schmollensee. A farmer decided to open a shop where he is selling his own products, and also some other food typical for the region. Frankly, the meatballs, sausages and his other stuff did not really convince me, so I chose a fish roll, which he prepared right then - it was ok, nothing special. I also had a Lübzer beer, pretty good. 3.50 Euro in total.

Cafe Knatter

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

The village Ückeritz is at the narrowest part of the island. While the tourist crowds mostly are at the coast of the Baltic sea, with the large camping grounds and some restaurants etc., the proper village Ückeritz stretches from the train station down to the backwater. There is a picturesque, small port at the backwater, and this is where B&B - Cafe - Restaurant Knatter is. I went there on my cycling trip upon recommendation of another guest at my hotel, who raved about this place. And right she was!

I would go back for the ambience alone. The small port with the little boats, the calm backwater with the reflexions of the sunlight, the reed ...

Service was impeccable, very friendly and quick.

Favorite Dish: I had already had fish soup for lunch, so I chose a piece of pear-chocolate cake and a milk coffee - both delicious. I paid 6 Euro incl. tip, I think.

Fischeck Ückeritz

by german_eagle Updated Oct 6, 2013

When on the coast, fish is always a good option. A cycling trip took me to the village Ückeritz, where close to the beach, right behind the dunes is this snack place. They do smoke the fish themselves, everything is freshly prepared. Down to earth food. Self-service.

Favorite Dish: I had a bowl of the fish soup, "made after grandmother's recipe" - based upon tomatoes, with several sorts of fish, onions, cucumber ... (4 Euro) It came with two rolls, was filling and yummy. I also had chose an organic elder juice (2 Euro), very good, too.

Hotel Kastell

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

One afternoon during a cycling trip along the promenade toward Poland I felt like I need a coffee and some dessert. One of the last houses along the promenade in Ahlbeck, direction to Poland, is Hotel Kastell, a fancy looking four-star place. They advertised for coffee and cake, so I went in. The ambience is indeed very nice, comfy leather armchairs, dark wood interior ... and large windows for watching the walkers and cyclers on the promenade.

Service was excellent, quick, attentive, friendly. I found out their (fancy) restaurant is only open for dinner, but they serve coffee and cake etc. in the lobby all day.

Favorite Dish: I had a waffle with cherries and whipped cream (4 Euro) - delicious, best ever - and a cappuccino (2.50 Euro). Prices for dinner in their fine dining restaurant are considerably higher, but I thought this was an excellent deal.

Calypso

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

Right on the promenade in Ahlbeck, in the centre, is this restaurant which looks sort of like a tourist trap at first. My experience for lunch was not so, fortunately.

I had a table outside overlooking the promenade, perfect for people watching :-) Service was quick, attentive and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the plaice fillet with roast potatoes and a mix of veggies (8.90 Euro) - yummy and nicely presented, actually my best meal during the trip. I also had an "Alsterwasser" (0.3 l for 2.30 Euro), which is actually a mix of beer and lemonade (shandy), very good, too.

Kaiserpavillon

by german_eagle Written Oct 6, 2013

This restaurant is in a nicely restored wooden building from 1911, tucked away in the small alley Brunnenstraße (around the corner from Friedenstraße, unlike the address indicates). The interior has a modern touch, with odd neon light (see pic 2) and some pop-art pictures, that somehow don't fit in with the wooden "pavillion" style. Service was very friendly, attentive and competent, but it took a seemingly endless time until the food arrived.

Favorite Dish: I had a fish soup as starter - excellent (5.80 Euro). Main course was a Schnitzel with champignons and roast potatoes (14.40 Euro) - ok, but nothing to write home about. I also had a quarter litre of their house wine, a dry Riesling (4.90 Euro), which was very good.

Instant Answers: Seebad Heringsdorf

Comments

Seebad Heringsdorf Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Seebad Heringsdorf restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seebad Heringsdorf sightseeing.

View all Seebad Heringsdorf hotels