Celle Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by bonio

Most Recent Restaurants in Celle

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Eiscafe Venezia: Ice cream at its best.

by Maryimelda Updated Feb 4, 2013

Charming atmosphere

It was a hot day when I visited Celle. About 33 deg. C in fact. It is no surprise that when I reached the Old Town, the first thing I was looking for was ice cream. Eiscafe Venezia was the very first ice cream cafe I saw and I wasted no time in getting myself inside and seated. The atmosphere was very old worldy and charming, the staff pleasant and efficient.

Favorite Dish: The ice cream was to die for!!! The menu was huge with so many different varieties of sundaes that I was blown away and didn't know where to begin. I went with a strawberry creation which incorporated many different forms of strawbery flavour (ice cream, topping and fresh fruit) lots of chantilly cream and wafers and I was more than happy.

• alza's Profile Photo

Schweine-Schulze: North of the Great Sausage Divide

by alza Updated Apr 30, 2011

Schweine-Schulze Restaurant

I said earlier that I stopped in Celle by chance. Needed lunch and was sure I'd find good food here. I was right! In my limited German, I asked a local where I might find an excellent restaurant for lunch. Gosh! he was so nice, I almost invited HIM to lunch! but his wife was there... To be fair, she's the one who said "Schulze Restaurant" and I'm feminist enough to give her the credit due to her...
    Kidding about the guy... uber-handsome but that's all I actually SAW that he had going for him... OK, I'll give it a rest!

Anyway, I went where he sent me, minutes away (everything's close in the Altstadt.) Believe it or not, the Chef came out on the terrace with his toque on, to see what I'd like! When I asked what he'd suggest as starters for a lunch alfresco on Schulze's nice terrace (just being polite... haha!), he hesitated and kind of "sized me up" -- I encouraged him by saying enthusiastically "Ich liebe alles!"
    ... I know that sounds childish to people who speak German, but saying that made me mighty proud. Just saying "Ich liebe dich" makes me proud and lord knows we hear THAT often enough! Watch out for German flirts, gals!

Chef proposed vinegared pork muzzle, yes! a favourite dish! It was beautifully presented, with good crusty rolls to get the sauce. This was a warm, sunny day so I had a beer with my meal, for a change: Betz's Celler Pilsener... "das gönn' ich mir!" haha... the treat for me!

After the lil snout, I had the tastiest potatoes ever (a specialty in the area, I saw adverts for Lüneburger Heide's "famous" potatoes everywhere as I drove across fields.) Also green asparagus in a fresh salad. Green asparagus to me are tops! Love white ones too but green ones are, err... tastier? Green ones are finger-licking good! White ones are so classy I hardly dare lick my fingers where they're served.

Service was most attentive and done with a smile, which was heartwarming... as this quaint town comes across as orderly and serious at the first hello. Even the houses look like béguinages for stern widows. But not complaining AT ALL, I was welcomed warmly at Schulze's and the coffee demi-tasse was the perfect finishing touch. Danke to der Chef! (hope I got *that* right!)

Favorite Dish: Appetizer courses, special local potatoes prep. Perfect beer to go with food. Tastiness of everything.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Zum blaued Engel: Good food and local beer

by bonio Written May 27, 2010

Attracted by the local Celler beer advertised outside and a good choice for our evening meal. A small and comfortable bar - room with friendly and helpful service. Both enjoyed our food, enough vegetarian choices for Mrs B and Celler bier tasty too.
    A good place to visit.

• chancay's Profile Photo

Whole street full of restaurants

by chancay Written Jan 20, 2004

restaurants

The whole street in the oldtwon was full of restaurants so we had difficulties to decide what to eat. You find everything from typical german kitchen to italian or chinese kitchen and much more here. In the summer you can sit outside almost everywhere.

• bonio's Profile Photo

Brasserie Noblesse: Brasserie Noblesse

by bonio Written May 27, 2010

A top place to stop for lunch. Downstairs to the "cave" for us! friendly and comfortable with good tasty food and a couple of decent beers to go with it. Enjoyed our short visit here.

• chancay's Profile Photo

Dolomiti: ...and Gelaterias..!

by chancay Written Jan 20, 2004

Ice Cream

not only restaurants but as well a good ice cream here next to the "restaurant street". A possibility to sit outside and enjoy the sunny weather.

Instant Answers: Celle

Comments

Celle Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Celle restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Celle sightseeing.