Two main things we got there which we even did not need to ask for: The certain sauce to asparagus came separated in an extra bowl. Great thing! Salad came with oil and vinegar not with that heavy tasting mayonaise dressing, Great thing! We had different sorts of fish, salad, and asparagus which really tasted wonderful despite that it was pretty early for asparagus season. Though the restaurant was quite crowded, the waiter/waitresses gave their best in even very friendly manner to avoid the long wait that comes pretty often with German restaurants. No long wait, and great food there definitively. Lovely environment too.
Restaurant Kassel is a very nice, a very lovely, traditional, and typical German place which provids with an hotel as well. It's located on Rinteln's pedestrian zone. Though the restaurant is less lightful it is yet very cosy, and quiet. Very friendly waiters/waitresses, great food. Their rost beef tastes so fantastic that one may call it an event. Whenever one travels along Weser river, one should not miss to have a break and bite at Restaurant Kassel. On different occassions we've had: smoked pork, kale, buttered potatoes. Then the other time roast beef delighted with pickled gherkins, fresh salad, fried potatoes with fresh rosemary. Their food is definitively worth the wait.
Favorite roast beef recipe
1.2 to 1.5 kg of corner of beef
half tsp of ground sea salt
1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 240 (220 fan assisted). That blackens the outside for tasty outer slices.
2. Make a mini-baking tray from foil, just bigger than the joint and place in a roasting tray. This will contain the juices in a smaller area than if just plonking the joint onto the tray. It helps keep the juices from drying out.
3. If the surface of your joint is dry, just rub a little olive oil over it.
4. Mix the salt and pepper and coat the joint all over.
5. Pour the olive oil into your foil baking tray, place the seasoned joint on it and put it in the oven. Make sure that the oven has pre-heated fully.
6. After 15 minutes, turn the temperature down to 180 (160 fan assisted) and let it cook for a further 25 minutes per kilo
7. Take it out of the oven and place it under a duvet of towels for 15 to 20 minutes. Make your gravy by pouring off the juices and simply adding carrot water.
There visitors can find the typical Italian ice cafe, typically located on a town's pedestrian zone. And if it's a good Italian ice cafe, like this one is, visitors will enjoy the typical, Italian creamy made ice cream. Just that. Nice atmosphere, a bit loudy, and very friendly staff.
Though Imbiss-Restaurant Fischpfanne is a snack boot-restaurant only, we very much enjoyed their food. Wonderfully they do make great, freshest salmon sandwhiches given this area is not near to any sea. Of course they have other seafood on the menu too. Also their house salad is delicious. Neat and lovely place, very clean with Baltic Sea decor, very friendly and great service. We've had salmon sandwhich, salad, and fantastic baked fries - crunchy, and not fatty/oily made.