Aachen Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Aachen

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Cafe Egmont: Good Company, Good Atmosphere and Incredibly Cheap

by johngayton Updated Oct 5, 2013

Having done our culture, history and ultimately Christmas Market stuff it was definitely beer time. Simon suggested we head towards the student quarter as the bars would be cheaper, and hopefully less crowded, than those around the market and so off we headed.

It wasn't actually that far, a hundred or so metres, and we were looking for this specific bar - Egmont.

This was the first bar we found at the start of the student stretch and it turned out to be ideal. Even though relatively busy we soon found a table in the middle of the main room and no sooner were we sat than a smiling server came to take our order. The beers, duly ordered along with a strawberry thingy for Valentina, arrived promptly and we settled into the serious work of the day - drinking and chatting.

Despite being lively the cafe had a pleasantly laid-back atmosphere, and although the tables were quite close together the atmosphere was intimate rather than crowded. Service throughout the evening was attentive and cheery and the discovery that the cafe had an agreement with the next door AKL Lebanese takeaway for eats was a doubleplusgood bonus.

Pretty much a perfect way to end an evening.

• Beer Tasting

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Muckefuck: Muckefuck!?!?!?

by rsilva Updated Apr 4, 2011

During one of our strolls arounf Aachen, we found this place and looked like the ideal spot to sit down and enjoy a drink. No, it was not because of the name - I have no idea what it means.
    It is decorated in a very unusual way (see pictures - 5), with a lot of mirrors, painting and sculptures.

Service was efficient and friendly and the athmosphere was nice.

Although we only had drinks, it is also a restaurant, maybe we'll try it next time. I have been told, however that it is quite good.

I recommend at least taking a look around as it is quite unusual and, in my opinion, nice decor.

They are open until 1 AM during the week and until 3 AM Friday and Saturday.

• dame2's Profile Photo

B-9: Local Disco

by dame2 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    ticket stub

I had so much fun at B-9. It is a standard disco with two bars and a huge dance floor. When I was a student, we went there a lot. I guess that makes it a student place.
    They play fun music (top of the charts.)

Be careful about loosing your ticket for coat check. I lost mine and they wouldn't give it back to me!

All in all, it's a fun place with a great location. The taxi stand is very close.

Dress Code: Casual, jeans and a t-shirt

• Study Abroad
    • Singles

• dame2's Profile Photo

Himmel und Holle: Favorite bar in Aachen

by dame2 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Aachen is a student town, so of course there are plenty of places to get a drink with friends. Out of all of them, Himmel und Holle (Heaven and Hell) is my favorite.

I like it the most because of the theme. The first floor is heaven and the second floor is hell. The first level has angels and clouds the second has these lamps that are supposed to look like flames.
    Himmel and Holle can get very crowded. One is usually able to get a seat on the second floor. If you are claustrophobic this place isn't for you. I reccomend going there early to start the night off. I also reccomend an orange fanta and vodka there.

Dress Code: Casual, but it is a nice bar. One could dress up some if he or she wants.

• Study Abroad

Casino Aachen: Rien ne va plus

by IceBear7 Updated Apr 4, 2011

A fabulous night out! I had never been to a casino before but like everybody heard a lot about it. It was different that expected but I loved it!

The Casino in Aachen has 6 Roulette tables, 2 American Roulette tables and also Black Jack, Baccara and Poker.

Crowd is mixed: some seedy guys with huge cigars, some old ladies, who play with their husbands' money, and also a lot of young people who play a little and watch a lot.

There is a restaurant and a little bar area, with good, not too expensive cocktails.

By the way, after playing Roulette for hours I ended up with a loss of 2 Euros- not bad :-)

Dress Code: It's more fun if you're really dressed up, but there are lots of people who look quite casual. No sneekers, no blue jeans of course!
    You need big pockets for your winnings hehe

• Casino and Gambling

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Pubs, Bars, & Watering Holes: Know where the beer is!

by staindesign Written Jul 6, 2009

In Aachen. every night you can find a place to hang out. Sunday-Saturday you can get a drink until at least 2am. It is awesome! I'm not sure about other cities, it could be because it's a college town. Most bars in Aachen seem to be laid back, my favorite part was trying the local brews. My favorite was a light wheat beer Erdinger. I was told there are around 7 local beers in Aachen.

If you want more info:
    *this is a great brewery website and it is in english!

ps. i arrived on cinco de mayo, of course germany isn't celebrating this mexican drinking holiday like we do in America. But we found a cool bar called the Kaktus, we had 6 taquila shots for under 10 euro! Probably the best drink deal in town. And the most expensive would probably be Sausalitos, which is located in the main plaza across from the Rathaus. But to be fair they do give you a huge huge drink. One of those long Islands will kick your butt!

Dress Code: I never went any place fancy in Aachen. Every where seems casual.

• moe0875's Profile Photo

Cafe Madrid: Pont Str...lots of good night time

by moe0875 Written Jan 5, 2009

Lovely and huge bar at the end of Pont, next door to few other nice bars and night spot. Very busy in the weekend, be ready to stand if you get there after 11, waiting for a drink could also take easy 10 minutes. They do serve good food if would like to dine in.
    Its a must to go place if you happen to be in Aachen.

Dress Code: Just don't come naked...

• Singles

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Domkeller: Laid-Back Pub Next to the Hof

by BillNJ Updated Jun 20, 2008

After dinner on my first night in Aachen, my companions (VTer Stef, Alex, and Alex) and I went to the Domkeller Pub near the Hof. It is a laid-back place in a really cool old building. While there, we enjoyed some more Kölsch and conversation. I also tried a wheat beer infused with woodruff, an herb. that imparts a vibrant lime-green color to the beer.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

The Guinness House: Large Irish Pub

by BillNJ Written Jun 20, 2008

After my group left the Domkeller, one Alex (the real vegetarian) had to go home because she needed to wake up early the next day. That left VTer Stef, the restaurant vegetarian Alex, and me. Not ready to call it a night yet, we proceeded to the Guinness House which is a large Irish pub. It has two floors, but we stayed on the first floor. If you are looking for a big, casual Irish pub in Aachen, the Guinness House is a great choice.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Kosters: Pub

by Gili_S Written May 25, 2006

This is I must say is one of the most amazing pubs I ever saw in Germany, not because of its poor selection of beer, but because of the owner selections in waitresses ;-) Unfortunately, no inside photos were taken.

Dress Code: What dress?

Besitos: Tapas y más

by IceBear7 Updated Apr 25, 2005

Bebidas tradicionales at Besitos / Aachen

They call this place "Little Spain in Town" and although it's not been open for long they are busy all the time!
    They have a nice selection of tapas, paella and lots of other smaller and larger dishes. Cocktails (happy hour 5-8 every day), Sangria Hour (half price from 11.30 pm), and very nice atmosphere!!!

Molkerei: The Dairy Factory

by IceBear7 Updated Feb 18, 2005

One of the great student pubs in the Pontstraße area, on two floors, great for drinks in a relaxed atmosphere. Nuts for free (with some fighting and persuading).

btw - girls' toilet upstairs, boys downstairs!

2,99 Kino: Movies!!

by IceBear7 Updated Feb 13, 2005

This is not a normal cinema... They mostly show movies that are a couple of months old and don't run in the big cinemas any more. Also they show special, not-Hollywood-style movies.

you pay just 2.99 euro for the film, if you pay 5 euro you get a drink voucher as well.

it's cosy and a little old-fashioned, student crowd.

update:
    2.99 cinema has become a normal cinema called the apollo and they are back to uptodate movies. Stil a nice movie theatre but unfortunately smoking is allowed during the films :-(

Cafe Madrid: Garlic!!

by IceBear7 Updated Feb 13, 2005

This Spanish restaurant/ club thing is located in the student area of Pont Strasse and right next door to the Apollo cinema. So after a great movie you can enjoy some tapas, salads and cocktails in a stylish atmosphere, on huge, dark, wooden tables.

I love the "Tapas a la casa", with chicken, shrimps and calamares on bread with lots of garlic... Prices are really fair!

Egmont: Belgian Nights

by IceBear7 Written Feb 6, 2005

Egmont in Aachen

Coming from the marketplace this is the beginning of Pontstraße, the student pub area. So you can start your night here with a quiet chat with a coffee or cocktail or beer discussing further plans.

Or you finish up here, after a night of dancing and drinking, just have a sundowner here before heading home.

Or come here on Wednesday night for the belgian chansons. Wonderful music in perfect surroundings!

Instant Answers: Aachen

Comments

Aachen Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Aachen nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aachen sightseeing.

Aachen Members Meetings