Aachen Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Aachen

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Albrecht Duerer Stube: Very good food for little money

by croisbeauty Updated May 27, 2015

Upon arrival at the hotel I called Valentina who told me that part of Vters is in front of the cathedral and invited me to join them. I ordered a taxi and soon I was on the spot but in front of the cathedral have not seen any familiar face. I sat down on the bench and only then I noticed a group of members who sit on the terrace of the nearby restaurant and eating their lunch. I joined the group and after greeting I ordered lunch.
    Albrecht Duerer Stube is actually a tavern that offer good and abundant food for a small price. Tavern has a few popular names from which the most widely accepted name is "Zum Spiegel". It was named after the most important German Renaissance painter who in 1520 spent here seven hours enjoying in food and chatting with his friend.

Favorite Dish: I ordered natur steak with mushrooms and fries, and I ate it with relish. Even though I never consume beer, I drank a glass of medium-size because it would be sacrilege to be in Germany and order another drink after a meal. All of it cost me less than 15 euros.

Albrecht Duerer Stube

VIELHARMONIE: BUFFET STYLE

by LoriPori Written Apr 14, 2015

Valentina writes

Farewell dinner Aachen 2015
    May 24, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Vielharmonie, Pontstr. 101-105 Aachen, Germany 52062

The farewell dinner will be held at Vielharmonie restaurant and bar in Pontor strasse which is very much lively part of town where young and old get together for good food and few drinks.

The dinner will be hot buffet stayle featuring about 20 different starters,main dishes and saladas,including deserts.

all drinks are payable at the bar including coctails, beer, wine and spirits.

Price per head is €13

Valentina writes
    Second VT dinner Aachen meet 2015
    May 23, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Brewery Goldener Schwan, Markt 37 Aachen, Germany 52062

Welcome to the second VT dinner for the 3 lands meet in Aachen.

After day sightseeing in Maastricht, we will meet up at the Golden Swan Brewery for dinner and lots of beer.

i hope you are hungry as this is what we have on the menu for tonight:

German "tapas"

Breised beef in printen sauce

boiled beef in horsereddish cream sauce

Bloodsausage with mash potatoes

rosti with herbal cream

------------------------------------------

Flammkuchen with Feta, spinach and artichoke

Sauerbraten "Aachener Art" in honey buisuit sauce, red cabbage with apples and salty potatoes

Roasted pork shank with fried herby potatoes and pickled cabbage

Glass of Red or White German wine

-----------------------------------------------
    Bavarian creme with morello cherries compote and homemade vanilla sauce

Viennese apple Strudel with homemade vanilla sauce and wipped cream

coffee/tea

Please let me know which desert you preffer.

Note:All other drinks payable at the bar

Price is €29 per person

if you want to join us for the dinner, please sign below. Cut off date for signing in is April 30th.

looking forward seeing you all in Aachen

Best Valentina

ZUM GOLDENER EINHORN: ON THE MARKT

by LoriPori Written Apr 14, 2015

Valentina writes:

first VT Dinner Aachen2015
    May 22, 2015 at 8:30 PM
    Zum Goldener Einhorn, Markt 33 Aachen, Germany 52062

Welcome to the Friday dinner Peeps!

We meet at the Golden Unicorn on the Markt after nice day sightseeing.

the menue as it stands is

Fine clear beef soup with bone-marrow dumplings and sliced veg

or

tomato and carrot soup with basil cream

-------------

pickled leg of pork in aspick with homade roumolade sauce and fried potatoes

or

Schitzel with Zingara sauce, french fries, and small side salad

or fried fillets of Hake with home made roumulade sauce with boiled poratoes and cucumber salad

Spagetti in home made Ruccola -Pesto sauce and ruccola salad and parmesan cheese (V)

---------

red and yellow grits with burbon vanila icecream..

cost per head is €24

ALL DRINKS ARE EXTRA

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Extra Blatt caffe: The best breakfast in town!!

by MacedonianUK Updated Jun 15, 2014

The Caffe serves Breakfast buffet from Mon-Sat. and the price is €8,50.
    They have one of the most comprehensive buffets I have ever seen.
    From English breakfast, to cerials, toast, different kinds of bread, meats and cheasses, Yougurts and fresh fruits,juces and american muffins, chocolades and more....The list is endless. And all for such a good price. Most of the students visit the place and always is buissy.
    the caffee serves also different dishes as well during the day and I particulary like their tortila wraps.
    Extra Blatt is small chain of caffes, wich can be found in Cologne too.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast buffet and tuna wrap.

• Study Abroad

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Cafe Bistro Melograno: Taste of Italy.....

by MacedonianUK Updated May 7, 2013

This little cafe/bistro is situated in Burtschide neighbourhood of Aachen. In the past (150yrs ago) this was small spa village just outside of the city walls, now as the city expand is part of it, but still retain the feel of village with high street , where this little cafe is situated. As a traveller you have to look for it, as is far out of the center.
    Actually that is the whole charm of the cafe as it sits in the nice secluded sqare, where you can relax and watch the world go by.
    The cafe mainly serves Italian & Turkish food with a twist, and I like it very much.
    Also they serve delicious vegetarian and vegan dishes.
    Decor is very relaxed French '20 Bistro, is not huge,has about 17 tables, and when weather permits there is front patio to sit by nice fountain and small garden .
    Portions are pretty generous and the price is very affordable. Even the cups of coffe are big!
    You can come by for a cup of coffe( proper French roast) or for nice lunch/ dinner
    They are open from 11:00-23:00 Mon-Sat

Favorite Dish: My favourite is home made tortellini with ricotta and spinach, with lovely zesty tomato & cream sauce.
    My son prefers their lasagna.
    But whatever you order you won't be sorry.

Yummy tortellini Inside the Cafe Melograno

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Tasin Ice cream: Best Icecream in Town!!!!!

by MacedonianUK Updated Mar 3, 2013

The owners of Eis Caffee Tasin are fullbloded Italians and the Ice cream they serve is the real thing!! Proper,melt in your mouth ambrosia...
    I love the fact that they have over 30 different flavours of icecream, and also have Ice cream for diabetics and a big choice of sorbets and frozen yougurts.
    I was proprerly impresed with the sorbets, as is not your run of the mill, frozen flavoured water with big lumps of icicles, but fresh natural juces made in realy delicious sorbets.
    Very handy if you have familly or frends and travel companions wich are lactose intolerant or diabetic.
    I highly recomend visit to this place! Is not to be missed.
    And if you are ice cream lover, the portions are humongus!!!!!

Favorite Dish: Favorite?!?!?!

EVRYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icecream haven
    • Study Abroad

• johngayton's Profile Photo

AKL: A Perfect Agreement!!

by johngayton Written Jan 8, 2013

Having found the atmospheric and friendly Cafe Egmont for a few beers after our arduous afternoon of culture, history and Christmas Market shopping we reckoned a serious nibble was in order - something a bit more substantial than the freebie nuts that came with the beers. There were menus on the tables from the Lebanese restaurant AKL and upon enquiring of one of the servers about ordering, she explained that AKL was the take-away next door.

It seems Cafe Egmont and AKL have an agreement whereby the cafe's customers can order food from the takeaway and have it delivered to them at their table and so that's what we did.

Favorite Dish: We opted for one each of the "veggie" and normal meze platters between the four of us and these arrived within minutes. Each platter was substantially laden with all sorts of Middle-eastern goodies: falafel, samosas, kibbeh, pastry rolls, flatbread and a variety of dips and speads, all artistically presented.

Everything was tasty, freshly-cooked and being able to enjoy without leaving our comfortable table in the main bar area was a doubleplusgood bonus.

Yep, an excellent agreement - the "before" and "after" pics tell the tale :-)

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Loosen's ??: If You're At The Christmas Market...

by johngayton Written Jan 8, 2013

...then it's got to be sausages and beer time!

I'm not sure whether "Loosen's" is the name of this stall or the name of the sausage maker but whatever this is a must do if visiting any Christmas Market anywhere in Germany. At Aachen's there were several food and drink stalls offering variations on the sausage/frites/reibekuchen theme but this one had the best variety and a covered eating area at the back.

My Bockwurst mit Sauerkruat was excellent and not particularly expensive. I was a bit disappointed with the beer though - Jupiler being one of the cheaper Belgian beers - and the service was a bit offish. No sooner had we finished eating when the guy came to clear our table and almost literally chased us off. But HeyHo it was mulled wine time anyway!!

• Wine Tasting

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Printen: Öcher variation on a gingerbread theme!

by CatherineReichardt Updated Aug 2, 2012

Printen is the Öcher (Aachen) variation on a gingerbread theme, and in the city centre, you'll come across many shops which specialise in this local delicacy.

Shame on me, even as a devoted gingerbread enthusiast, I have yet to get around to sampling this (there's only so much good eating that you can do in one place at any one time)! However, that doesn't stop me being enchanted by the window displays through the city, which combine Aachen's twin passions: food and horses. When we were there, they were in the midst of a tournament which involved a large Brazilian contingent, hence all the flags.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Albrecht Duerer Stuben: Ice cold kolsch - what more could you want?

by CatherineReichardt Updated Nov 15, 2011

There are times when you're travelling that you just want to sink down onto a comfortable seat in an atmospheric setting and recharge your batteries: thus I found myself in the Albrecht Duerer Stube (tavern) just by the Dom in Aachen with the best part of an hour to while away before the 14:00 English tour.

There are a number of attractive looking places to eat and drink in this area, and I chose the Albrecht Duerer because I admire the artist and it looked small and welcoming from the outside (it was a brisk spring day and I was nursing bronchitis). The inside looks very much as you would imagine a tavern to have been a couple of hundred years ago (only cleaner), with wooden benches and a traditional bar. I was also charmed by the fact that a huge thick blanket was hanging across the inside of the door as a huge draft excluder which added an element of cosy charm!

Also, a big bonus was that there was no musak - and having had a liberal dose of schlager (a dire, cheesy pop music form popular in Northern Europe and akin to bad Country and Western) inflicted on me by my hotel throughout breakfast, I was more than grateful for the peace!

I treated myself to several medicinal glasses of my favourite beer, Kolsch: the glasses traditionally only have a 200ml capacity, so that's not quite as boozy as it sounds, and by far the most enjoyable self-medication I've administered in ages! I parked myself on a bench by the window and idly consulted my map and watched the world meander past as I sipped my beer, and presently felt much better!

Like most German bars, this serves a traditional menu: I didn't have anything to eat, but the plates that passed by me on their way to other patrons looked pretty good and the smell was mouthwatering.

In summer I would imagine that it's a very pleasant to sit outside.

Albrecht Duerer Stuben

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Brauerei Goldener Schwan: German Tapas

by BillNJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

On my first night in Aachen, I met with VTer Stef (TinyTuck) and her two friends, Alex and Alex. We had dinner at the Brauerei Goldener Schwan on the Markt overlooking the Rathaus. To eat, Stef and I enjoyed "German tapas". For a fixed price, you get a sample portion of five different dishes. I liked this choice because it afforded me the opportunity to sample a bunch of different local specialties.

One Alex was a vegetarian -- and the other described herself as a "restaurant vegetarian" (first time I heard that one!). Since most of the German tapas dishes had meat, they ordered Flammkuchen (which is a like a thin pizza) topped with vegetables.

To drink, we enjoyed Dom Kölsch. Since Aachen is relatively close to Cologne, many restaurants and bars serve Kölsch which is the local beer of Cologne.

If you want to try a few different German specialities while in Aachen, the German tapas at the Brauerei Goldener Schwan is a good choice!

Favorite Dish: German tapas - sample portions provide the opportunity to try a few local specialties in one meal.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Leo Der Bäcker & Konditor: Café/bakery chain

by BillNJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

For lunch on my second day in Aachen, I stopped at Leo Der Bäcker & Konditor which is a café/bakery chain in Aachen. I ordered a baguette with raw mettwurst and onions. While the minced pork in mettwurst is raw, it is preserved by curing and smoking. I have never had anything quite like it before, and it is quite tasty.

The bakery portion of Leo has many delicious bread, pastries, cakes, and other desserts. I didn't try any, but they looked delicious.

Favorite Dish: Baguette with raw mettwurst and onions

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Aachener Brauhaus: My first real German meal

by garridogal Updated Apr 4, 2011

Although this wasn't the first restaurant we ate at in Aachen, it was the first where we ordered typically German food. I like the pub feel of this place. With lots of dark wood and big comfy booths, it had a homey feel.

Favorite Dish: Bryan got the schnitzel which was served with french fries and I had a sausage (forget what kind of "wurst" it was, served with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. And some German beer, of course!

My dainty lager JA! Schnitzel Wurst
    • Business Travel

• hquittner's Profile Photo

"Zum Schiffgen": Good German Fare

by hquittner Updated Apr 4, 2011

Clean, excellent cooking, been in business a long time, proper service, remodelled in 1999.

Favorite Dish: Since it was spargel season we ate from that menu and had asparagus soup and classic white asparagus with Hollandaise sauce and potatoes.

Eat here!
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Aachen

Comments

Aachen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aachen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aachen sightseeing.