Aachen Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Aachen

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Tijuana Bar & Gril: Mexican taste in Germany

by MacedonianUK Updated Mar 26, 2009

If you like Mexican or Tex-Mex food than Tijuana is place for you.
    Many young people,& good portion of students come to Tijuana.
    They have extencive cocktel menu and "happy hour" too.
    Food is very good and the portions are generous.

Favorite Dish: I am partial to tex-mex food, so I like everything!!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Pontgarten: caffe, restaurant & cocktail bar in one!

by MacedonianUK Updated Mar 24, 2009

The restaurant is in the hart of the "student/restaurant district" on Pontorstrasse.
    Has very nice athmosphere, but sometimes is known to be overyflowing with people.
    Altough waiting for table is no hardship, and usualy is short.
    Has 3 big rooms with additional garden room on the back and pritty sizable garden wich is alway full in the summer.

Favorite Dish: Pontgarten is well known place for good & cheap food.
    Usualy people meet there as is well known.
    So you might find big & rowdy group of students having cocktails or cuple having romantic meal. They catter for everybodys taste.
    My favorite food? Probably everything!
    The menu is made of Europian food with few Turkish dishes and flavours trown in.
    But I like it as is not too heavy.
    I love their Cigar Bürek as starter and Lamb cutlets as main, but again, is my favorite, I come here regulary for good food.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Sultans of Kebap: Awesome Doner Kebaps (aka Kebabs)!

by BillNJ Updated Jun 20, 2008

On the second night of my stay in Aachen, I ate dinner at the Sultans of Kebap located on Peterstrasse. It is a couple of blocks from the bushof (bus station) on the same side of the street.

Aachen has a fairly large Turkish population, so there are quite a few restaurants serving Turkish cuisine. In Turkey, some people use the term "kebap" instead of "kebab". The two terms basically mean the same thing. When I saw the big sign for Sultans of Kebap, I knew that this was the place that I would have the first doner kebap on my trip.

The Sultans of Kebap is a large, clean restaurant. After you order, they cut the kebap meat off of large skewers. They also stack your dish with salad, fries, and your choice of sauces. I like the fact that they slice the kebap meat thin. To drink, I had an Apollinaris mineral water.

This doner kebap was one of the best that I have ever had. I highly recommend the Sultans of Kebap if you are looking for good, inexpensive Turkish food in Aachen!

Favorite Dish: Doner Kebap - thinly-sliced kebap meat with salad, fries, and your choice of sauces

Vitaminbar: Freshly-Squeezed Juices

by BillNJ Updated Jun 20, 2008

In the afternoon on my second day in Aachen, I ordered a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice at a small health-food restaurant named Vitaminbar. In addition to freshly-squeezed juices, this restaurant serves salads and sandwiches.

Favorite Dish: Fresh-squeezed orange juice

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Pomm'Pös: Great Currywurst and Fries!

by BillNJ Updated Jun 19, 2008

On my first afternoon in Aachen, I ate lunch at a small restaurant called Pomm"Pös on Krämerstraße near the Rathaus. I ordered currywurst and fries. In addition to the curry sauce, the bratwurst was topped with crunchy dried onion bits.

This currywurst order was the third on my trip. While the currywurst was very good in both Cologne and Düsseldorf, this one at Pomm"Pös in Aachen was my favorite. To drink, I had a Bit Sun which is a light, refreshing beer.

In addition to currywurst, Pomm"Pös has many other choices on their menu. As the name suggests, the house specialty is the fries.

Great place -- highly recommended!

Favorite Dish: Currywurst and fries

• huenten's Profile Photo

Sankt Benedikt: Don't miss the wine...

by huenten Written Oct 21, 2007

It's a very little restaurant with very less tables, but it's great. A couple is running it and the woman is doing the kitchen, the man is doing the service. Great kitchen, delicious food, excellent wines. Go check it, you will enjoy!

Favorite Dish: Chaning every month, check for yourself...!

• Wine Tasting

• huenten's Profile Photo

La Becasse: So delicious!

by huenten Written Oct 21, 2007

This is a very good but even relaxed restaurant with excellent food, excellent wines, a staff that pampers the guests in a very gentle way. Just try iit, you will confirm....

Favorite Dish: dishes change form month to month, so its not possible to state here something....

• little_liebchen's Profile Photo

Paella: The Best Lunch in Town

by little_liebchen Written May 2, 2007

Every time I go to Aachen (which is often), I make it a point to have lunch here. Their all you can eat buffet is less than 5 euros! It's especially nice to sit outside when the weather is warm, but the ambience inside is cozy, although rather cramped...but when I go for lunch, it's usually not crowded anyway. I understand they are crowded in the evenings though, when they have their tapas buffet. I would love to try that!

Favorite Dish: The lunch buffet always has one kind of soup. The most memorable for me was the yogurt garlic soup they served the first time I ate there. They always have very tasty bread on the buffet table, and a few types of salad, as well as a potato and/or rice dish. It's all very filling, delicious, and cheap! I've recommended this restaurant to several people and they always thank me later!

Seriously, you can eat lunch cheaper here than you can at McDonald's...so why would you go for a Big Mac?

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Hofgarten: Lunch with a side dish of drama!

by garridogal Updated Apr 11, 2007

One of two entrances

We stopped in here for lunch after our first round of exploring in Aachen. The bartender waited on us and couldn't be nicer or funnier - until a girl came in and well, you don't have to speak German to understand what was going on. Yes, tears were shed. However, by the time we left, she'd calmed down and was having a cigarette at the bar. The bartender's jovial mood, however, was just never the same...

Ah...relationships!

Apparently this place is a WiFi Hotspot too. That's what I found when I googled it.

Favorite Dish: The food was good. I had a omelette which was huge and Bryan had a pizza. I washed lunch down with my first Kolsh that I really rather liked!

• Trains
    • Beer Tasting

• restaurant elisbrunnen: superb service and food

by Welshwaldo Written Dec 8, 2006

Favorite Dish: The whole ambience of the restaurant from the moment you enter is quality.the decor the table linen etc.and you will not be disappointed with the menu and food.the service is attantive without being overbearing.it's worth every euro for a wonderful evening.

• whvcebu's Profile Photo

Rose am Dom: Good Food After Long Waiting

by whvcebu Written Aug 10, 2006

Restaurant Rose am Dom

The restaurant is in the ground floor, located right near the cathedral. The food is excellent, prices are moderate.

Expect to wait for 30-40 minutes until food is served. But the food was very tasty.
    We ate asparagus and my compagnion ate Rheinischer Sauerbraten.

Favorite Dish: Very wide menu - continental food. Seeing that all tables were occupied, people must consider the variety of menues as tasty.

• teachertraveler's Profile Photo

Achener Brauhaus: Traditional German fare

by teachertraveler Written Jul 31, 2006

weiss beer at Aachener Brauhaus

We had our first meal in Aachen here, and it was great. It was a wonderful, traditional meal. My parents had sausages, mashed potatoes, and sauerkraut. My friend and I had schnitzel and fries. The weiss (wheat) beer we all had was exquisite. The place was very old and decorated with dark woods, wrought iron, and equestrian pictures. Unfortunately, it was hot because there was no air conditioning. The windows were all open, without screens, but we didn't see a single fly or mosquito. Our waitress was friendly and helpful.

Favorite Dish: Sausages and schnitzel--both very tasty and well prepared.

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

Kings College: Kings College

by Gili_S Updated May 25, 2006

Kings College was the first place we stopped for a beer when arriving to Aachen. We had an hour to kill and that was a good place to try some local Landbier and something to eat while enjoying the warming sun of late summer.

Cafe Einstein: Cafe Einstein

by Gili_S Written May 25, 2006

Cafe Einstein is peaceful trendy local cafe located in one of the nicest street in Aachen. Its a great place to have a beer break in a nice sunny day of course, if we just got the permission from our tour guide ;-)

Aachener Brauhaus: Aachener Brauhaus

by Gili_S Written May 25, 2006

The Aachener Brauhaus is the local brewery here and very popular tourist attraction. If you ask me, in a way a bit of a tourist trap, but still worth the visit, good own lager beer and nice food as well.

Favorite Dish: Eh.... Schnitzel ;-)

Instant Answers: Aachen

Comments

Aachen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aachen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aachen sightseeing.

Aachen Members Meetings