Attendorn Travel Guide

• Attendorn
    by Gili_S

Attendorn Things to Do

• Boat trip on the Biggesee

You can take boat trips on the Biggesee which is very nice. The main landing stage is in Sondern, some kilometer south of Attendorn. You can take round trips which take between 1,5 and 2 hours.Also, they offer boat trips with brunch which we did. It took 2,5 hours and there had been a good buffet for breakfast and lunch. Coffee and tee was included...

• The impressive cave Atta-Hoehle

The so-called Atta-Höhle is the biggest show cave in Germany. Unfortunately it's not allowed to take photos there, so I've scanned a postcard. There are fantastic stalactites and stalagmites, you can get an impression of it on the hompage. It's a great experience to see so much stalactites/-mites in all kinds of forms and size.You have to take a...

• That is the other church

That is the other church that I saw here which look much more modern to me, but please do not ask me for mire details.

• Museum

I was here in late afternoon on Easter time, so, sorry, it was no open and I did not get in.But to be honest, I do not try to visit every museum anyway, so, I really wonder if I miss anything.

• Church

This church was in the middle of town, to be honest now, I don't remember if I was going inside or not, I guess not, because I have no inside pictures.

• Tower

I was in a short visit here and it was very nice to walk around in this city. Few interesting churches, museum and nice city centre.

Attendorn Restaurants

• Cappuccino in Cafe Kersting

This is not a spam picture, it is just to show you how I did really enjoy the coffee here, so I had to order another one and take a picture, just for you my friends. :-)

• Cafe Kersting

After walking around and some sightseeing it was pleasure to get relax when we found this typical German coffee house serving good coffee and bakery items.

• Attendorn Hotels

0 Hotels in Attendorn

Attendorn Transportation

by Gili_S Written Jun 5, 2004

I got here by car, but in the city to hang around was very nice just walking by foot, beside the road signs as showing here in the picture (to the Monastery) there were also special signs for sightseeing tour for tourists.

Attendorn Off The Beaten Path

by Gili_S Written Jun 5, 2004

That is the St. Ursula Monastery and School. It is just at the outskirt of the city, a bit up the hill. Very nice in did, but because of the Easter holiday it was actually closed.

Attendorn Favorites

by Gili_S Written Jun 5, 2004

Favorite thing: Attendorn look to me just about an average city in this region, not spectacular but very nice in did. To find out more check the official site.

Attendorn Official

Instant Answers: Attendorn

Comments

Map of Attendorn