Bielefeld Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bielefeld

• gucisanyi's Profile Photo

The Canteen in the University of Bielefeld: Eating very cheap

by gucisanyi Written May 14, 2010

I think the cheapest way to eat in Bielefeld is the University. There you get a menu for under 5 Euro.
    The food is very good, you can choose between three menus, one of them is always vegetarian.
    Another tip is the high school restaurant (Fachhochschule). The cooks are cook-students and are very motivated. It's perhaps even better than the university. The prices are almost the same.
    Cheers

• Weinbar 3A: Wow!

by jlb49 Updated Sep 28, 2007

I visited the Weinbar for the second time last night. The first was with colleagues in May, this time I was alone. For the record, I speak little German, so I usually have to depend on my handy translation book or hope that the restaurant has an english menu. For this experience, I had neither! But, with the help of the wonderful waitstaff, I had a very memorable meal.

I started with an excellent german white wine. It was dry, but very fresh. With the wine, they brought a basket of 4 different breads, along with 3 dipping sauces. The breads were freshly baked, and the sauces complimented the breads.

I started with a salad. When I asked my server (who spoke as little English as I did German), about a salad..she recommended salad with mushrooms. When it arrived it was a salad of different lettuces in a hollowed out small pumpkin, and three types of grilled mushrooms on the side. The taste was incredible, and the portion was good size.

I ended up with a ravioli filled with a beef mixture, over a sauce. Ok, I can't tell you exactly what was in it, as the description was in german...but it tasted great!

Prior to the salad and the ravioli, they also brought a little "amuse bouche", a small complimentary tasting. Not sure what it was, but it was very good.

All in all, the service was excellent as well as the food. The atmosphere is quiet, and it was obvious that those dining were enjoying a relaxed and excellent meal.

Favorite Dish: The salad with the grilled mushrooms was outstanding.

• Women's Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Eurowander's Profile Photo

Argentina steak & mehr: The place for steaks!

by Eurowander Written Sep 1, 2007

The restaurant was dimly lit with western decor. Very romantic. Wonderful atmosphere. This place had the best steaks we have ever eaten! The multilingual wait staff was very attentive.

Favorite Dish: Our favorite dish was the Pepper steak filet in a cognac pepper sauce. Excellent!

• Castles and Palaces
    • Trains

• Dante: Excellent italian cuisine

by doctraveler Written Aug 23, 2003

A typical italian restaurant, which honors
    every visitor and leaves part of their heart
    in the dishes.
    I first had talgliatelle with seafood,
    the seafood was very fresh, and the tagliatelle
    home made, just al dente. A discrete touch of
    spice too, ideal. My wife had the Bruschetta,
    enoumous, 3 peaces of bread wit a salad
    creation on top, I had to eat one of hers.
    Afterwords I had some excellent Rognoni
    (rene of the calf) and she had calf liver, we
    both devided our dishes, both tasted heavenly. With a bit of sauce, but just right,
    also a bit spicy and excitating. the wine of
    the house was excellent too.

A very good experience

Favorite Dish: Tagliatelle ai frutti di mare
    Rognioni di vitello
    fegato di vitello

• IceBear7's Profile Photo

Peppers: Mexico!

by IceBear7 Written Jun 10, 2003

Wonderful Mexican restaurant, I would have loved to rob the place and take everything with me, the dishes, the decoration, the furniture, the posters in the bathrooms.

It's not the real Mexico I am looking for wherever I go but it's close.

Nice outside area.

And cocktail happy hour from 5 to 8.

Favorite Dish: A HUGE plate of fajitas, with different sauces and tortillas and potato wedges. Gorgeous :-))

Instant Answers: Bielefeld

Comments

Bielefeld Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bielefeld restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bielefeld sightseeing.