Bilstein Travel Guide

The Castle

Bilstein Things to Do

• The Castle

The Castle is the thing in this place, it is historical place that is now used as a youth hostel. It is at the top on the cliff, many stairs to climb up and even your car will work hard to get to the top.

• Forest view

Depends on the season and the weather of course how you are going to enjoy the forest, we had a cloudy day, a bit foggy as you can see from this picture, but it was actually not bad at all as it was not too hot to take a long walk without sweating too much.

• The forest

I am not sure that this is a must see, but as I assume that you will stay here overnight at the castle, I am recommending to take a walk at the forest around. Just walk up the mountain from the castle, there is a mark road, it will not take you too long to make the loop and come back to where you started.

Bilstein Restaurants

by Gili_S Updated Jun 17, 2004

It was Easter night, the lamb was the special on the menu and I ordered it, it was good, it was tasty, but I cannot say it was brilliant, however, I still enjoy the dinner here and the relax atmosphere.

Bilstein Nightlife

by Gili_S Written Jun 6, 2004

While walking in this small place, to my surprise I saw this small club, the lights confirm that there is no misunderstood of what you can expect here and I have been told that I can almost be sure that non of the locals is entering this place

Bilstein Transportation

by Gili_S Updated Jun 6, 2004

In this area of forest and mountains the best is to walk, you can cross the whole village in less then half an hour and you might do as we did, we went further to the forest road and found ourselves in the next village.

Bilstein Local Customs

• Easter fire

As it was the Easter weekend, I have been told that it is tradition to have eastern fires, not sure if it is a good idea in case it was a dry year or very hot, but anyhow, from the top of the hill at the castle I could have a nice view

• Logging

Logging I guess is traditional wherever there is forest. While walking around I could see some, obviously, in this region most of it done related to forest research and management and not so for forest industry.

• Bilstein Hotels

0 Hotels in Bilstein

Bilstein Off The Beaten Path

by Gili_S Written Jun 6, 2004

The area is a bit hills and mountains around. Most was covered with forest but also many farms around and while walking around we could see the cultivated land and the farm animals.

Bilstein Favorites

• The Castle

When finally you will arrive to the castle there is a nice gate at the entry, hold on for a moment, take a deep breath, and let your breathing and heart return to the normal rhythm while stepping inside this castle.

• Bilstein

The village itself does not have any special attractions, few small hotels, restaurants and pubs. The whole centre is very small with a small park and few benches.

• Bilstein and its castle

Bisltein is basically famous for its castle. It is just above the small village as you can see from this picture. Will take you just about 5 minutes to take a walk up the hill and enter this beautiful castle.

Instant Answers: Bilstein

Comments

Map of Bilstein