Know about this? Rate It!
Favorite thing: one week a year the whole city of Cologne goes crazy. It´s Carneval time with party from thursday morning (Weiberfastnacht) until the following tuesday night when the "Nubbel" must burn. 6 nights and days of party.
I did 2 and half nights and day of it and it was a big big FUN!!
- Arts and Culture
Cologne`s “fifth season”
Favorite thing: Cologne`s “fifth season”, world-famous as a colourful, joyous celebration, annually attracts around one million visitors into the city. The Three Mad Days are the end and climax of Cologne Carnival. The time of merrymaking in the streets is officially declared open at Alter Markt on the Thursday before the beginning of Lent. Pubs stay open till the early hours of the morning, and the spirit of Carnival reigns in the streets and public squares, in offices and at home, and above all in places for dancing and drinking.
I personally do not like to celebrate carnival but maybe you do.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cologne Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ocean City Hotels
- Glacier National Park Hotels
- Iloilo City
- Acornhoek Hotels
- Lake Corpus Christi State Park Hotels