Brauerei Schumacher, Düsseldorf

4 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

Bolker Straße

• sorry for the web pic but I was in a rush!
    sorry for the web pic but I was in a...
    by richiecdisc
  • richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Brauerei Schumacher: worth a little walk

by richiecdisc Updated Feb 15, 2008

sorry for the web pic but I was in a rush!

Schumacher’s main location is a bit apart from the Old Town and is in fact closer to the train station. It is a beautiful dark wood traditional pub that I finally made it to on my most recent visit to Dusseldorf. There is a smaller pub on Bolkerstrasse for those not willing to make the pilgrimage but for those with the time it is well worth the small effort.

Favorite Dish: Schumacher makes one of the city’s drier alts which makes for a “can’t get enough” experience that was made worse by my short allotted time in the pub. You see, we were on a short layover from Dresden back to Florida. Most people would while away the hours in the airport lamenting the schedule and bored stiff. But with no decent alt in sight I decided to make a mad dash for the city center and this great brewpub. We only had about an hour to kill once there but it was enough time for three beers and a small snack. They were out of both metthappen (raw pork on a roll) and tartarhappen (raw beef on a roll) so I opted for a Frikadelle (the forerunner to a hamburger) served oddly without a roll but quite tasty. I could have stayed for hours but then I’d have missed my plane back home! Forgive my forgetting to take a photo but hey, I was a bit rushed!

Their stronger beer is called Latzenbier rather than Sticke and is only served on the 3rd Thursday in March, September and November.

• Beer Tasting

• garibaldi's Profile Photo

Brauerei Schumacher: Feel german for a day!

by garibaldi Written Sep 25, 2004

Walk with the river back along Bolker Strasse and before arriving at the end look at your left for a building with gold word SCHUMAKER. Here you can taste the traditional ALT beer (tipical of this city) with food as RHEINISCHER STIELMUSEINTOPF (very good!)

• Business Travel
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Düsseldorf

Comments

Hotels Near Brauerei Schumacher
4.0 out of 5 stars