Curry, Düsseldorf

by Sjalen
  • BillNJ's Profile Photo

Curry: Currywurst and fries in Düsseldorf style

by BillNJ Written May 30, 2008

When I was walking around Düsseldorf with Sabs and Thomas, I mentioned that I really enjoyed my first currywurst experience in Cologne. Hearing that, Sabs suggested that we have lunch at her favorite currywurst restaurant in Düsseldorf. The name is Curry, and it is located in the Media Port section of the city.

Of course, I ordered currywurst. On Sabs' recommendation, I also had fries. Since I am not crazy about mayonnaise, I ordered my fries with a peanut satay sauce which was delicious. For a beverage, I had Altbier.

Before we entered, Sabs told me that Curry did not permit photos inside the restaurant. As such, my only photo is of the outside of the restaurant as we were entering.

For a currywurst restaurant, the interior of Curry was surprisingly stylish. While a currywurst restaurant with style and panache would be seen as a little odd in most cities, it seemed very appropriate in Düsseldorf.

Favorite Dish: Currywurst and fries with peanut satay sauce

• SwanCarlos's Profile Photo

Curry: surprise yourself and your tastebuds

by SwanCarlos Written Aug 24, 2007

The Curry I went to was in the Media Harbor near Strobe Str. and Ernst-Gnobe Str. I thought that I would have a bigger problem with the outlandish mating of 6" Wurst and a sweet red curry sauce European in it's culinary development. But low and behold I realized that if you could slather that unadventurous - yet very taste - concoction on a perfectly good sausage and it actually increased my culinary experience.

It is simple good eats. The perfectly cooked Fries helped out a great deal also. I had them with an Orangina and I chose the Garlic Mayo for my condiment. They had several "Flavored" mayos, but I thought it best to start simple.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Curry: Gorgeous German fast food

by Sjalen Written Nov 28, 2006

Curry wurst was something I associated mainly with Berlin even if I knew it existed in other places too. Now I associate it just as much with Düsseldorf as this was such a great place to have it. We decided we were hungry after the aquarium visit and making our way to the Media Hafen, Sabsi headed here first. The fries were, if not as good as in Belgium, definately above average and it had a trendy atmosphere not usually associated with curry wurst, including the idea of serving a different "mayo of the month" regularly too. It belongs to a chain of places and there is another one somewhere else in town but don't ask me where, ask Sabs :)))

Favorite Dish: Curry wurst :)

• Architecture

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Curry: Currywurst Bar

by sandysmith Written Oct 7, 2004

my lunch!

A bar specialising in currywurst with a view of the Gehry Buildings.

Favorite Dish: Well it has to be a currywurst of course -a variety of sauces to go with it - I had the piquant sauce with a handful of Dave's chips and washed it down with an Alt bier :-)

• Curry: Currywurst Heaven

by sabsi Updated Aug 12, 2003

Curry

A fancy chain of bars that serve variations of Currywurst with Chips, including the 'mayonaise of the month'

Favorite Dish: A normal Currywurst with normal Chips and extra Aioli sauce and the view of the Gehry Buildings please!

Instant Answers: Düsseldorf

Comments

Hotels Near Curry
4.0 out of 5 stars