Frankenheim Brauereiausschank, Düsseldorf

by Gili_S
  • Frankenheim Brauereiausschank
    by bonio
  • richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Frankenheim Brauereiausschank: locals in the know

by richiecdisc Updated Jan 15, 2008

now, that's a schnitzel!

Frankenheim was once a brewpub in Düsseldorf that grew too big for the location. Don’t misunderstand me, the restaurant still stands on the original site but the brewery itself has moved to a city suburb. I must thank VTer Sabsi for dragging me there as I’d have most likely not gone without her. With limited time I would have no doubt concentrated on my favorites. The pub was a boisterous sprawling affair and obviously filled with locals at this somewhat out of the way location.

Favorite Dish: We went there primarily to eat and the food was certainly quite good, served in big quantities and reasonably priced. I had the Jagerschnitzel, a breaded pork cutlet smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce and served with fried potatoes for 9.90 Euros. Frankenheim’s Alt is not a particular favorite of mine. Though fruity it lacks the fry finish generally equated with the style. In fact, the finish is not very clean for a German beer. Still, it is served by gravity rather than the typical draft you’d generally find it in town so I’d say for the beer aficionado looking to try them all, this is a must visit location. Thanks Sabs.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Frankenheim Brauereiausschank: Frankenheim Brauereiausschank

by Gili_S Written Jun 19, 2004

This restaurant is not in the old city (for a change), it was VT member sabsi that took us here, she knew that I want to have Alt bier and Schnitzel and here they really have good ones.

Favorite Dish: Hemmm, the Schnitzel of course and the Fankenheim Alt Beer is wonderful.

• Beer Tasting

• bonio's Profile Photo

Frankenheim Brauereiausschank...

by bonio Written Aug 25, 2002

Frankenheim Brauereiausschank was great!!
    Friendly kobes (waiters) who take the 'P' at every opportunity, especially if you don't order the Altbier which is brewed on the premesis and is top quality.

Favorite Dish: The vegetarian schnitzel was great! and I'm not a veggie.

Instant Answers: Düsseldorf