Na Ni Wa, Düsseldorf

by Pakistaniguy
  • dhina's Profile Photo

Na Ni Wa: Japanese food

by dhina Written Jul 6, 2008

I like Japanese food and there are lots of Japanese restaurants in Dusseldorf. I always take my friends who visit me to one of the Japanese restaurants here ... kind of an excuse to eat Japanese food :-). Na Ni Wa is my fave since it has a lot of choices... if you fancy noodle food you can go to Na Ni Wa noodles restaurant but if you like sushi go to the Na Ni Wa sushi restaurant in front of it. The price is really reasonable for Japanese restaurant and personally I like the sushi restaurant better...

• SwanCarlos's Profile Photo

Na Ni Wa: Virtual Harajuku Heaven

by SwanCarlos Written Aug 22, 2007

This place is right out of Harajuku. Na Ni Wa is slice of Japanese comfort smack dab in J-Town Duesseldorf. The ambience is laid-back, efficient comforting and wooden. Combine this with the delight of watching the chef's cook in the stage-like kitchen. You will realize your greatest treat is however the food. Great and kind service is bountiful as well.

Favorite Dish: Eating Ramen can be transcendent, yet most of the time limited. Whenever I am able to find a new Ramen eatery the first thing I order is either the Shio/Shoyu (Salt/SoySauce) - if available - or the Miso based with Chashu (Roast Pork loin). These are usually the weather bells of whether the place will warrant your return.

The Miso with Chashu did NOT disappoint. The broth was classic in it's simple and light taste. Made from a white miso - yet with what I suspect is a hint of the darker red mixed in - the broth was thick enough to have been a joy on the cold rainy day I dove into the restaurant. The Chashu was however the highlight. Made from a high grade cut of pork the meat was wonderfully cooked to it's pink perfection. I prefer a style of Chashu popular at only a few restaurants that slices the slow cooked loin into thick cuts that fall apart when laced into the soup. But Na Ni Wa's was the best thinly sliced I have had. I would have liked to have had some Togorashi (Spicy Red Pepper Mix) available to spice up the soup, but I think that might have raised the hackles of the chef. I didn't have the Gyoza, but I am looking forward to my return where I will try their Kim-Chi Cha-Han (Fried Rice). They even serve the wonderful local treasure "Alt" beer on tap.

• SwanCarlos's Profile Photo

Na Ni Wa: Virtual Harajuku Heaven

by SwanCarlos Written Aug 22, 2007

This place is right out of Harauku. Na Ni Wa is slice of Japanese comfort smack dab in J-Town Duesseldorf. The ambience is laid-back, efficient comforting and wooden. Combine this with the delight of watching the chef's cook in the stage-like kitchen. You will realize your greatest treat is however the food. Great and kind service is bountiful as well.

• IceBear7's Profile Photo

Na Ni Wa: Maybe the best Sushi in town

by IceBear7 Written Jan 16, 2005

Düsseldorf is full of Japanese restaurants and sushi places, because so many Japanese people live in our city. My fav place for sushi is Na Ni Wa sushi and more. Quite small, on two floors, nice staff, plain interior with interesting photographs on the wall and most of all - great food!

Across the street there is the Na Ni Wa noodles and soups, which is an open kitchen with just a few tables, it's always full, many Japanese people go there (sign of quality), you often have to queue, but the noodles are great!

Favorite Dish: They have a huge menu with single "pieces" of sushi and some "pre-packed" plates (just the right amount, one piece of sushi more would be too much), soups and some other dishes. Everything seems very fresh, very tasty, there is Japanese beer and tea and cocktails.

You better make a reservation if you come with a bigger group of people.

• wilde13's Profile Photo

Naniwa: can't you see sushi anymore ?

by wilde13 Written Jan 21, 2004

Try typical japanese soups or other dishes. The restaurant is quite busy and for lunch and after work the restaurant is full.
    Wait till you get placed.

The restaurant is more or less a fast food restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Soup with Schweinebauch, cant remember the real name.

Instant Answers: Düsseldorf