Krefeld Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Krefeld

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

Bicycle Station

by Nemorino Written May 12, 2012

Like most cities in the German state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Krefeld has a bicycle station in the main railroad station, offering bicycle storage, repairs, cleaning, accessories and rentals.

As of 2012, the price for renting a bicycle is six Euros per day for a normal bicycle, ten Euros for a tandem or fifteen Euros for an E-Bike.

Unfortunately my stay in Krefeld was so short that I didn’t have time for any cycling, which is too bad since there seem to be some interesting bicycle routes in the area.

Location of Krefeld Central Station on OpenStreetMap.

• Cycling

• Nemorino's Profile Photo

Krefeld Central Station

by Nemorino Written May 12, 2012

1. Krefeld Central Station

Krefeld is well served by regional trains, but not by any long-distance trains such as the InterCity (IC) or InterCityExpress (ICE).

When I went to Krefeld I took an ICE from Frankfurt am Main to Cologne Main Station, where I changed to a regional express to Krefeld.

When I left Krefeld I took a regional train to Duisburg, where I changed to an InterCity that took me to Osnabrück by way of Essen, Bochum, Dortmund and Münster.

Second photo: Tower of Krefeld Central Station.

Location of Krefeld Central Station on OpenStreetMap.

• Trains

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

The road to Krefeld

by Gili_S Written Jul 21, 2003

That was the way to Krefeld, as I mentioned it was a stormy weather, it was really hard rain and for certain moments we hardly could see the road. I'm glad I got home safe as that weekend 4 people got killed in this storm.

Instant Answers: Krefeld

Comments

Krefeld Transportation

Reviews and photos of Krefeld transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Krefeld sightseeing.