Lüdenscheid Restaurants

some choice of the brunch
    Latte Macciato
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lüdenscheid

Tea One: Bubble Tea Bar

by yumyum Written Nov 12, 2012

The bubble tea has reached Luedenscheid. There is a bubble tea bar in the Wilhelmstrasse, just off Sternplatz. The tea can be drunk cold or warm but is not suited for children under 5.

I haven't tried bubble tea here but I tried it in Zurich and wasn't too keen on this extremely sweet stuff.

Opening times:
    Monday to Saturday 10.30 till 20.00

(PS: My photo was taken on a Sunday)

Kaffee Klatsch: Café Klatsch

by yumyum Written Nov 12, 2012

The Café Klatsch just recently opened in the premises where there used to be the 4 Amici on Rathausplatz. BTW, the word Klatsch means "gossip" in English.

I haven't visited this café yet but I saw that it has long opening hours on Fridays and Saturdays, shorter hours during the week and on Sunday it opens only at 3 pm for coffee and cakes. It serves some lunches too.

The café is located between the Rathaus and the postoffice, a bit hidden away considering the large Rathaus and Stern squares.

Café Zuccaba

by yumyum Updated Nov 12, 2012

The Café Zuccaba is located in the newly opened shopping center on Sternplatz. A staircase takes you upstairs to a large sitting area which is divided into a smoking and a non-smoking area by a glass door. If you are in a wheelchair or have a stroller/pram with you, then you can still visit this café as there is a lift. Turn to the right of the entrance and then around the corner to the left inside a door there you will find the lift. The café also has a wheelchair accessible toilet.

If you are lucky enough to grab a window seat you can watch the world go by. The café has been crowded since it's been opened. It is open every day and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as the usual drinks and snacks.

In April 2012 we had Sunday brunch here. We paid Euro 8.90 for the Sunday breakfast buffet which was very much to my liking, especially the fresh fruit salad. Juices were included but the other drinks have to be paid separately. We phoned up the night before to reserve a table but it turned out that this wasn't necessary. But this way we had a nice one by the window near the buffet.

We revisited for Sunday brunch in November 2012, this time without a reservation. We were very happy with what we got this time too. Although I wasn't too impressed with the cappuccino on my first visit, I really did like the Latte Macciato on my second visit.

Café Extrablatt

by yumyum Written Mar 25, 2012

The Café Extrablatt is situated on the Rathausplatz which is car-free zone and therefore in the warm season they have a lot of outdoor seating.

One Sunday in March 2012 we took the opportunity to have brunch with some friends in this café. The café is fairly large and also has a separate smoking section. The place is wheelchair accessible and the toilets are on the same level.

The Sunday brunch buffet costs Euro 9.45. Drinks have to be paid separately except the orange juice from the buffet. There are croissants, buns and bread, hot food items, a variety of jams, cheeses, cold meats, muesli, cereals, anti-pasti (only on Sunday), fresh fruit and deserts. The only thing missing imo was joghurt.

I was very happy with that breakfast and ate way too much. We had several teas which came at Euro 2.10 each, made with fresh tea leaves.

It is recommended to book a table for Sunday brunch.

Trattoria L'Aurora

by yumyum Updated Aug 15, 2011

entrance of Trattoria

This Italian place opened in autumn 2010 in location where I've seen 2 other restaurants in the past 5 years. It's not downtown but on the way from downtown to the motorway entrance Luedenscheid Sued.

The Trattoria L'Aurora is a friendly place which already has it's regular customers. Therefore I recommend making a seat reservation.

We came here on a Sunday evening with friends that are regulars and we were happy with everything in this what looks like a family run place. After eating here in July 2011 we revisited in August 2011.

There is some outside parking. Closed on Wednesday.

Favorite Dish: I opted for my favourite ie the Pizza Hawaii at Euro 6.20. The funny thing is and I've only seen this here so far, that you can choose whether you want your pizza with Dutch cheese (the option I had) or with Mozzarella at a higher price.

In August 2011 I ordered "Scaloppina Gorgonzola" at Euro 12.10. This dish came with a side salad and I asked to have Tagliatelle instead of potato because of the sauce. For a starter I had melon with parma ham for Euro 9.50 which was delicious.

Each time we got a complimentary Bruschetta while waiting for the food and a liqueur after the meal.

Eiscafe Cortina

by yumyum Updated Aug 4, 2011

yummy ice chocolate

The Eiscafe Cortina is smack on the main shopping street in Luedenscheid, the Wilhelmstrasse. I walked past many times and it's always full and therefore a local favourite.

So, one day I grabbed the chance to have a big iced chocolate (Riesen Eis Schokolade) there. In July 2011 it cost Euro 4.70. I also had a black tea for Euro 1.70.

The cafe is quite big with two rows of outdoor seating in the warm season. Inside they have also an upstairs floor, there you also find the bathrooms.

You may also buy take away ice cream at the counter. Their ice cream menu for sitting down is huge.

Eiscafe Toscani

by yumyum Updated May 18, 2011

our yummys

On a sunny day in April I decided that it was time that we tried this ice cream parlour. The café has outdoor seating where we chose a table. As I haven't been inside I can't tell you anything about the interior.

Service was prompt and friendly. The outdoor terrace is a good place for people watching.

The Eiscafe Toscani is right in the city centre on the Rathausplatz on the ground floor of the town hall.

Favorite Dish: I opted for an ice chocolate (Eisschokolade) which was made with chocolate ice cream. It was therefore rather sweet but nevertheless very yummy.

Zum Schwejk: Romantic, cosy interior

by yumyum Updated Apr 14, 2011

Engadiner Teller

I finally went to eat in the "Schwejk" after I have seen the restaurant only from the outside on previous visits to Luedenscheid. The restaurant is on 2 floors with a couple of cellars and different rooms. The toilets are upstairs. I'm afraid the place is not wheelchair accessible at all. The building dates back to 1723.

Favorite Dish: My dish was not from the standard menu card. I had a dish called "Engadiner Teller" which is basically "Spaetzle" with porc medaillons and mushrooms and melted cheese plus a green side salad. There was ample food on the plate and it was very filling.

This great restaurant had been closed because the previous patrons retired. For a long time it wasn't sure what was happening. It has reopened and seems to serve cheap lunches which are very popular with older people. I haven't revisited since the reopening.

China Restaurant HAI-PIN

by yumyum Written Apr 14, 2011

part of interior

One day in March 2011 three VTers were having dinner at this Chinese restaurant in Luedenscheid. The restaurant is a bit difficult to spot. On Knapper Strasse you will only see a sign, the entrance itself is tucked away in the building. There is a back entrance on Weststrasse too and there are a couple of parking spots for guests. If you use the back entrance you need to go up a staircase wheras the front entrance from the Knapper Strasse is also suitable for wheelchair access.

The restaurant is quite large but a bit dated since it has been around for years. HAI-PIN apparently means a lake of guests according to the waiter.

Staff was very friendly and service was prompt. There were various menus with set prices. But in general the menu list is quite large.

Favorite Dish: I opted for a menu for the small hunger with spring roll, chicken fried noodles and tinned fruit salad for Euro 7.50. All three of us found their food very yummy.

Pizzeria Fellini

by yumyum Updated Jul 27, 2007

pizza al Prosciutto di Parma

This small restaurant/take away was recently done up and is very pleasant now. Pizzas come in two sizes and the small one seems to be big enough. Sadly, they don't use Mozzarella cheese but the pizzas are backed in a stone oven. They have good looking fresh salads, pasta and pork dishes and a few desserts.

Opening times: Tuesday - Thursday 11.30 - 23.00
    Friday - Saturday 11.30 - 24.00
    Sunday 11.30 - 23.00

Favorite Dish: I ate a Pizza al Prosciutto di Parma with Parma ham, parmesan and rucola. The small size cost 7 Euro in July 2007.

Café Siebrecht: People watching

by yumyum Written Jan 22, 2007

brokkoli creme soup

This café is very good to have a seat and a drink and/or snack/light meal if you are tired from shopping. If you sit outside in the shopping mall then it's a good place for people watching. It was a bit tough to catch the "right" waitress's attention in order to pay.

Favorite Dish: I ate a brokkoli creme soup which came with a bun. It was quite ok.

Brauhaus Schillerbad: Local brewed beer

by yumyum Written Oct 13, 2006

the locally brewed beer

In summer it's nice to sit outside but inside is interesting too. Since I don't drink beer I cannot tell you about that but I heard it's a good one. I wasn't too impressed with the dish I had, so don't take "Spaetzle" as they actually serve you noodles which is a cheat. But the other food is nice enough.

It's actually also a hotel, so if you drink too much, you can stay right there.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Brauhaus Schillerbad: The terrace of the Brauhaus Schillerbad

by Gili_S Updated Apr 12, 2006

As it was a nice summer day, this place was empty inside and full of people sitting in the terrace outside. There was also a grill outside offering you traditional German sausages or even a steak meal for a little price as 5 euro

Favorite Dish: I had the steak

• Beer Tasting

Der Reidemeister: Beerhouse with the oldest concession

by yumyum Updated Apr 4, 2011

Der Reidemeister

Another local "beer" hole but it offers much more than just beer! Sometimes they have special events, too.

Wirtshaus Budde: Local fare

by yumyum Written Oct 13, 2006

Wirtshaus Budde

It was full, so I didn't get the chance to eat here. But the menu card was hanging outside and it offers lots of local German dishes including Spaetzle.

Instant Answers: Lüdenscheid

Comments

Lüdenscheid Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lüdenscheid restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lüdenscheid sightseeing.