Warstein Travel Guide

Marmorweg 25-27, Warstein, North Rhine-Westphalia, 59581, Germany

Warstein Restaurants

• tmikeyt's Profile Photo

by tmikeyt Written Mar 22, 2003

This place blew me away. It is in a little town not far from Warstein (ala, Warsteiner beer) called Schmerlecke. The name of the restaurant roughly means 'brew mill' and it is an old charmingly restored mill. There is an old unrestored example not far away. The meals served at this restaurant/brewery are incredible. I took the bill when it came and for five adults and 2 children the total was about $65 U.S. and we ate very full meals. My own plate had some braised beef and pork, salad, pototoes, etc. And you'll have to trust me that I try beer everywhere I go in Germany and their beer, is some of the best I have ever had. During the colder months this place lets you experience the charm from inside it's wooden and stone interior. During the warm months, you can eat outdoors.

Favorite Dish: I just said all this above. I don't think you'll go wrong with anything you order. You may have to speak a small bit of German, but the usual pointing gestures may get you through. I was with friends who live nearer Warstein, so I didn't have to worry about being fluent. If you find yourself near the area of Soest, Warstein, the Möhnesee or thereabouts, you really owe it to yourself and to me to try it and let me know if you don't agree how wonderful this place is.

This is the place!
    • Singles

Warstein Tourist Traps

• tmikeyt's Profile Photo

by tmikeyt Written Mar 23, 2003

Warstein hardly see's tourists, there won't be any tourist trap. The only big thing that happens in Warstein is the Montogolfiade. I cannot remember what time of year this annual event takes place, but it draws quite a crowd for most of a week to see the ballons each day and night, with people taking picnic lunches and dinners. On a couple of nights they have ballon lightings, where the ballons just stay tethered to the ground for the people to see. I haven't seen it, but my friend there says it's quite a site with ballons from all over the world.

Instant Answers: Warstein

Comments

Warstein Travel Guide
Map of Warstein