Wuppertal Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Wuppertal

Roller Coaster Ride

rollercoaster ride

Fondest memory: With the trains being so packed at time it was standing room only - which was interesting as it tilted around the corners - almost like a roller coaster! Not sure that Sabsi liked that part much, she couldn't look down, but it was fun! Next time I'll ride the whole length when its not so crowded, OK Sabs?? :-))

Why so Popular?

street market below

Favorite thing: The day we visited and went for a ride on the Schwebebahn it was very busy, especially considering it was Sunday, not a working day, so where was every one going??
    Well when we reached the section over land we saw why - crowds were thronging below us in a street market!

• A friendly driver

by sabsi Written Jul 24, 2003

Great train, great drivers!

Fondest memory: I couldn't believe my eyes. We were standing outside a station taking pictures when a train up there leaving the station suddenly stopped. We thought something was wrong with the train or the track but after a short while we realised that the driver stopped so that we could take a better picture. Seems like Wuppertal is a very tourist-friendly place. Thank you Mr. Suspension Train Driver :-)

• Trains

Wuppertal - Wupper Valley

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Feb 17, 2013

Wuppertal - Wupper Valley

Favorite thing: Wuppertal is located in and around the Wupper river valley, and is situated east of the city of Düsseldorf. That was the reason why we visited this city in 2001 when the German Shepherds World Championship was held in Dusseldorf.
    Wuppertal in its present borders was formed in 1929 by merging the early industrial cities of Barmen and Elberfeld with Vohwinkel, Ronsdorf, Cronenberg, Langerfeld, and Beyenburg.
    The initial name Barmen-Elberfeld was changed in a 1930 referendum to Wuppertal (“Wupper Valley”).

Wuppertal Touristik

Sat 10.00 - 14.00

• Architecture

City of aspirin and Friedrich Engels

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Feb 17, 2013

Favorite thing: There are two things that made Wuppertal very remarkable for me after my visit.
    The first: Now I can say that I was in the place where Aspirin was invented in 1897 by Bayer.
    The second: I can say that I was in the place where Friedrich Engels, philosopher, historian, coauthor of the Communist Manifesto (with Karl Marx) was born and lived for a long time.
    The first reason is remarkable for every person because I think everyone has taken aspirin even once in their life.
    The second reason is remarkable for every communist (and I was a member of the Communist party of the USSR and studied the works of Friedrich Engels very hard.
    Unfortunately we couldn’t find time to visit the Engels house, 18th century-architecturally typical of the region, where there is a permanent display of materials associated with Friedrich Engels. May be next time…

Asslan v Haus Schiran in Wuppertal

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Feb 17, 2013

Asslan v Haus Schiran in Wuppertal

Favorite thing: As I’ve already told many times we haven’t seen many German cities and towns if our Asslan v Haus Schiran who was the best Russian German Shepherd in 1999-2003 and that reason forced us with Irina to take part in the main German Shepherds dog-shows – Shaeferhund Verein Bundessiegerzuchtschau (SV BSZS).
    In 2001 it was held in Düsseldorf and we spent four nights in Wuppertal which is located not far.
    Asslan liked very much staying in Wuppertal and in the Hanseatic Hotel. Especially he liked our wide bed which he used to occupy when we came back from the stadium of Düsseldorf.
    That’s why he preferred to stay in the hotel when we decided to explore the city on foot – it was almost raining and we left him at home.

You can watch my 0 min 57 sec Video Asslan v Haus Schiran in Wuppertal out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

• Travel with Pets

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Wuppertal

by Gili_S Updated Apr 2, 2004

Wuppertal

Favorite thing: This city is a bit different then others, maybe because it is build on two hills and valley in between, maybe because its unique local transportation, or maybe just because it is Wuppertal.

Official site:
    www.wuppertal.de

• sing carolina with a french...

by oh_carolina Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: sing carolina with a french boy, and you must dance, smoke (...) sing and laugh!!!

Fondest memory: when i am away from here, than i will always remember the look out of my window here, where once went olivier with a santa-claus-cap and a red pullover.
    and i would also miss rudi dancing with my sister on the balkony...

Wildlife

heron

Favorite thing: Amongst all the industy and constructions of the rail system and town it was nice to see the river below and we even managed to spot some wildlife - this heron by the riverside.

Instant Answers: Wuppertal

Comments

Wuppertal Favorites

Reviews and photos of Wuppertal favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wuppertal sightseeing.