Andernach Favorites

• pepples46's Profile Photo

the Town

by pepples46 Updated May 29, 2006

Rheintor..Gate

Favorite thing: is over 2000 years old and one of the oldest in Germany. founded by the Romans..12 A.D..Andunnacum, fronteir Garrison and former roman bath for soldiers who where stationed in this part of Germanica.
    the Limes Germanicus..like the Hadrian Wall in England, marking the roman empire, keeping the Natives separated. if you are interested in ancient history, try the link below.
    I like the great walkways around the Rine Promenade or at the Hill's overlooking the Town.
    cross the Rhine and discover a Village called Leutesdorf, Vinyards, Abbey and great Restaurants.the ride takes only 10min

Limes Germanicus

Fondest memory: I was born here, later had my first apprenticship, then job, in my spare time I tried hart to become a good Track&Field Athlet..I think I did not too shabby!!

• Architecture
    • Trains

• pepples46's Profile Photo

the old girl

by pepples46 Updated Jun 2, 2005

Stadt Burg..City Castle

Favorite thing: as I use to call my Birthplace, has seen many comings and goings, she became prettier each year I've known her, overcame so many bad times, protected its people with walls so thick, housing has been taken up in them..to these days, and the people always have taken care of her, proud calling her our home. not to proud though, sometimes at odds with her, sometimes leaving her...still, she always has a place in my heart!
    along the River Rhein, Andernach has arguably one of the most beautiful Rhein -Promenades. Great Icecream parlors, fine Cafes and Restaurants alongside.
    the Ferry still crosses the Rhein to bring passengers and Cars to the right side of the River..Leutesdorf, a neat, wee Vineyard Village,a Cloister, very much frequented by people who seek some quite and peace.

Fondest memory: I done it ones, a whole week of silence in Leutesdorf..I could not shut up for a whole Month..well, just kidding.

• Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

Instant Answers: Andernach

Comments

Andernach Favorites

Reviews and photos of Andernach favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Andernach sightseeing.