Bad Kreuznach Restaurants

The Sampler Tray
    The Interior

Most Recent Restaurants in Bad Kreuznach

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

brauwerk: Beer and Salt Water?

by TomInGermany Written Apr 28, 2012

Beer Factory

After hiking in the hills surrounding Bad Kreuznach you might want to stop off at the Brauwerk (Beer Factory) for a relaxing stop at their Beer Garden or a nice lunch or dinner in their restaurant. Brauwerk got its name from a radio show contest which let the listeners choice the name of their new brewery.
    The restaurant is right next to the graduation towers in the Salinental valley which were originally used to increase the salt content in the local water so it could be extracted and sold. The salt water is now used as a therapy treatment. There is a public parking lot close to the restaurant that will cost you two euro for the whole day.
    If you come to try their beers try their sample pack. You get to try their Helles, Dunkel and Weisse beer for one price (3 euro). I personally didn’t like any of them but it doesn’t mean you won’t. The Dunkel had to strong coffee taste and since I do not like coffee I was really turned off to it. The other two were okay but didn’t have much of a flavour.
    If you come for the food you are in luck. The prices are a little higher than I’m used to but it is a tourist area so it is to be expected. I had the goulash with potato dumplings while my wife had a potato soup and Spundakasa with pretzels. Everything was fantastic. We were highly pleased with the portions and the quality. The service was good and the servers were friendly. You can also go to the beer garden and get brats and other common beer food.

Favorite Dish: The Goulash was very tasty with the meat nice and tender. However the spundakasa was also very good.

• Beer Tasting
    • Architecture

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Die Schirmbar: Schirmbar, cute name, good food

by Trekki Updated May 23, 2009

Schirmbar, delicious Orangina

My Mexican colleague and I were very hungry after our little tour through Rheinhessische Schweiz (see off path section) and Bad Kreuznach, and were happy to find this open air restaurant with its prime view to the bridge houses. And when our meals came, we were even more happy, because it was much and also tasted good. Alfredo wanted beer and we found that they even have the famous black beer Köstritzer (haha, Richie, I thought of you of course…). I loved the fact that they had the famous Orangina not only as lemon but also the red version with blood orange (main photo), a perfect healthy alternative to the unhealthy coca cola.
    We enjoyed our meals very much, Alfredo had a salad with turkey (photo 2, for 6,50 €) and I choose a Flammkuchen (photo 3, 6,50 €). Somehow I always end up with this when I am travelling with my foreign colleagues just to show them what this is and how it tastes.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Bad Kreuznach

Comments

Bad Kreuznach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bad Kreuznach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bad Kreuznach sightseeing.

View all Bad Kreuznach hotels