Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg Restaurants

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Hotel & Restaurant Gaul: Excellent restaurant and friendly service

by Trekki Updated Aug 5, 2013

This wonderful delicious salad

After we have briefly visited the spa part of Bad Münster, we decided to look for a restaurant in town rather than going back to Bacherach. Restaurant Gaul (means horse, thus has a little horse at the outside) looked inviting from the outside and also their menu which was on display found our approval. What a good decision!

Since it was still warm outside we could sit in their patio. The young and very friendly waitress brought us the menu immediately and took our orders for drinks. She spoke such a good English that I didn’t need to translate the dishes for Kate. Kate told me later that her English didn’t have any accent and neither had her German, so she was most probably the owner’s daughter who learnt abroad.

It was easy for us to choose our dishes, mainly because it was mushroom time. Kate had tagliatelle with chantarelles and I had my usual dumplings with chantarelles (Usual, because it is one of my most favourite dishes). Kate’s dish came with salad, mine not, so I ordered an extra salad. While our dishes were already very tasty, the salads were top notch. Kate said that this was the best salad she had during her Germany trip and for me it was definitely one of the best salads I ever had. Very tasty dressing and a big variety in the salad types, all very fresh.
    Prices: dumplings 11,50 Euro, tagliatelle 12,50 Euro, salad 3,00 Euro, 0,2 l of red wine 4,50, 0,4 l of apple spritz 2,80 Euro (all prices as of August 2011).

All in all we enjoyed our meals very much, and I am almost willing to place the restaurant on a similar level as my beloved Waldhaus Wilhelm.

Gaul’s is also a hotel by the way. I asked for a flyer when we left and was almost shocked when I saw the incredible low prices for a single room: 28 Euro per night including breakfast! This will be my place when I come for a weekend to explore more of town and surroundings.

Location of Gaul’s restaurant on Google Maps.

© Ingrid D., April 2012 (So please do not copy my text or photos without my permission.)

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Gasthaus Zur Bastei: Good food, nice atmosphere

by King_Golo Written Aug 18, 2008

Eating at

This place is just next to Rotenfels. It's thus best combined with some hiking and enjoying vistas on top of the rock. "Zur Bastei" is a typical "Ausflugslokal" - located in the middle of nature where many hikers come by and want to enjoy some local food and a beer or two. Therefore what you get in there is mostly schnitzels and other meat dishes, but nothing gourmet-like. Nevertheless, the schnitzels are good and the food is really inexpensive. A good place to stop by, if you're there.

Favorite Dish: schnitzel was good

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg

Comments

Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg Travel Guide

Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg sightseeing.

View all Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg hotels