Baumholder Travel Guide

Baumholder Restaurants

• by shellshok Written Apr 11, 2010

Review: Oishii is run by the folks at Hong Kong 97 but their Japanese food is much better than their Chinese. The menu is in German so brush up on what the meats are so you can figure out what you're actually eating. Have to stay on your server if you have the younger lady as she will forget your order & never stop to see if you want more. I waited about 30+ mins on my 1st order since they brought out all the grilled food first. It's all you can eat & everything is made to order. You're limited to 5 items on your first order & then you can get what you want after that. I tried all the maki I think, 1 nigiri, the Oishii roll & the tempura roll, even ate avocado *grin*. I also had fried octopus tentacles with chili sauce which were quite tender & spicy just the way I like. My hubby isn't adventurous in the least, so I had to work my limited German to figure out what he could eat & would probably like. He tried the shrimp on a stick & chicken on a stick both were good, chicken was a bit over cooked. Better over than under I always say. He also had the lamb steaks which were good & my 1st time trying lamb. He had these rolled beef things with something crunchy in them that he didn't share with me, but he liked them very much. The butterfish was very good & melted in your mouth. So now I can't wait to go back with more adventurous friends who will try the other sushi items for me lol.

Favorite Dish: The price of the restaurant really depends on the Euro to dollar rate.

• by maroonwings Written May 26, 2009

So we were on our way back to Portofino but darn it! Closed Tuesdays. Remember that for future reference. Walking on up the hill, there was a sign for Bistro Pierrot in the Hotel Westrich. The menu seemed to have what we needed, and we were hungry. I had a really nice jaegerschnitzel with excellent pan fried potatoes and a nice dinner salad. One friend had the local seasonal spargel (white asparagus) dish with charming little potato croquettes and the spargel came with hollandaise sauce and ham and she raved about it. The tunafisch salad was really good (Brett is on a tunafish salad tour of Europe -- stay tuned!) and we had wine and the staff were friendly. Best part, we could walk back to the hotel.

• by maroonwings Updated May 26, 2009

Down a little alley with only a glimpse of umbrellas and fences -- there was a chalk board sign to clue me in. The pizza was good. The dinner salads were excellent. The pasta dishes were good. There was some agreement that the waiter was cute (although on another occasion, there were only waitresses, so you are on your own on that one). The prices were good. We have already gone there three times in three weeks -- and other restaurants have not been so cheerfully repeated.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the Pizza ala Maria. The Gypsy Schnitzel was also wonderful, and the Salat Etna with tunafisch and zweibeln (onions) was really good. So far, I think anything is likely to be good.

Baumholder Nightlife

• smilz's Profile Photo

by smilz Written Jan 10, 2007

Its alot of fun after about 1:00am. Thats when it gets busy. It takes all kinds of people to make a party!!!

Dress Code: Whatever you want to wear, just dress comfortable and dress for the heat. When its packed it gets hot in there.

• Beer Tasting
    • Music
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Baumholder

Comments

Baumholder Travel Guide
Map of Baumholder