Braubach Shopping

• globetrott's Profile Photo

castle-shop: take the Marksburg home

by globetrott Updated Oct 5, 2008

Marksburg as a small-scale model

How about taking home some souvenirs of Marksburg for your children ?

What to buy: My favorite souvenir was this small-scale-model of the castle, made of paper and it comes as a light and small package that will find some space even in a small bag. 14,90 € was the price, that is also not so bad. At home you will need some hours to set it togeather, but that would also be a lot of fun for sure and a great memory of your journey through the Rhine-valley.
    --------------------------------
    You may click here and even order that Marksburg,made of paper at this webpage and have it shiped to your home!
    It seems to be only the inner-houses of the castle, while
    the one in the castle-shop has the walls and gardens as well

What to pay: 14,90 € was the price in 2006

• Seniors

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo

The Christmas Shop: Boppard Decorations for your Tree

by scottishvisitor Updated Feb 19, 2008

This shop is just crammed with lovely items, everywhere you look the shelves and central displays vie for your attention, this can make choosing rather difficult. The first thing I did on entering was try to take a picture, I soon found out this was not allowed when I was told off quite sharply. Ah well maybe the owner thought I was just a tourist with no intentions of purchasing - this is why the picture shows the items I bought for my Christmas Tree displayed in my home.The update is only a change in the web address thanks to travelfrosch (Mark) for sending me a new link.

What to buy: I did buy some tree ornaments with Boppard and the year written on as a reminder of my trip and a Christmas Pyramid. They also sell Cuckoo Clocks, light bridges, charming nutcracker characters and Hummel figurines.

What to pay: A few Euros for small items - the clocks are rather pricey though

• Castles and Palaces

• Didn't catch the name, but it's a cafe: COKE!! LOVELY COKE!

by slide_away Updated Jul 2, 2007

I love coke, and this place was selling 1L for 1,80E. I'm sure this is standard prices, but the best I could find at other small towns along the Rhine was 400ml for 1,50 (from a vending machine). One place charged me 2,50 for 400ml!! So if you like your coke, visit this cafe.

What to buy: COKE!

What to pay: 1,80 euros for 1L!

Instant Answers: Braubach

Comments

Braubach Shopping

Reviews and photos of Braubach shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Braubach sightseeing.