Koblenz Tourist Traps

• Tourist Traps
    by mauro_pd

Best Rated Tourist Traps in Koblenz

• steventilly's Profile Photo

Scenic Viewpoint (My Ar$e)

by steventilly Written Nov 5, 2002

Passing back along the Autobahn near Koblenz it crosses the river Mosel on a pretty impressive bridge. And just by the bridge are signs for the "scenic viewpoint".
    Well, we couldn't resist - this was a VT outing, and pictures had to be taken! So off we went to the viewpoint... We parked, and we walked and we looked... and this was it :-S
    Really, it looked better from the Autobahn!

Unique Suggestions: Go to the "onsite loo".

Fun Alternatives: Stop by the side of the Autobahn with your hazards flashing - it's a much better view.

Wow, What A View!

• Mr_Edd_20's Profile Photo

Apparently, in Germany, the...

by Mr_Edd_20 Written Aug 26, 2002

Apparently, in Germany, the police pull you over from in front of you. What those cops probably thought was a high speed chase, to me was a leisurly rive on the autobahn. It took me like 15 mins to realize they wanted ME to pull over....that was sooo funny.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

The wine village of Rudesheim...

by sandysmith Written Aug 24, 2002

The wine village of Rudesheim is very touristic and very crowded. The famous Drosselgasse (Thrush Lane) was virtually impassable - better to visit some of the quieter places on the Rhine like St. Goar.

• Postcards

by sabsi Written Sep 8, 2002

I was shocked when I saw the postcard selection at a postcard stand close to the "Deutsches Eck". They sold postcards showing Neuschwanstein Castle - which is in Bavaria hundreds of miles away from Koblenz. I wonder do tourists really buy these postcards here????

Unique Suggestions: Well ... if you dont want to send a postcard of Koblenz buy a postcard showing the Rhine valley or the Loreley! At least that's close to here!

Fun Alternatives: How about a postcard from Koblenz ? ;-)

Steve and Susan at the Mosel

• solopes's Profile Photo

Language tricks

by solopes Updated Dec 28, 2013

My idea was to travel from Koblenz to Bingen (with the car in the boat) and proceed from there to Strasbourg. I asked (in English) at the ticket booth a ticket for "a car with two adults and two children".

The lady gave me the tickets and I paid them.

Moving to the boat, I discovered that there was no car access, and went back to the lady asking her where to enter - "No car, no car".

How to argue in German that I demanded a ticket for the car and thought that I'd paid for it?

It was hard, the discussion, but I couldn't leave the car behind.

After a babylonic nightmare, the lady decided to accept back the tickets, but returning only 90% of the charged price.

No it was not a great experience, my Rhine cruise!

Koblenz - Germany Koblenz - Germany
    • Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Koblenz

Comments

Koblenz Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Koblenz tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Koblenz sightseeing.

Koblenz Members Meetings