Know about this? Rate It!
Bingen is about 1 hr by train from Mainz. Easily accessible from Bahnhof .
Recommended to visit the town as the best way to understand the lower rhine culture is to visit the towns outside of the cities.
Nice friendly people there. Great view of the Rhine and some ruins including the castle in the middle of the town.
If you're in Mainz for more...
If you're in Mainz for more than just a day I recommend to visit Bingen, a small town about 15 minutes by car from Mainz. Its landmark is the so-called 'Mäuseturm' which you can see in the picture. Furthermore there's a really nice castle called 'Burg Klopp'. For more information visit the homepage of Bingen at: http://www.bingen.de
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Mainz Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Willoughby Beach Hotels
- Obalende Hotels
- Torralta Hotels
- Washington D.C.
- Toco Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path