Neuerburg Things to Do
Neuerburg has City Park, with a nice playground. There's a 15m slide which I tried also – not a good idea after rain! In the park, there's also a little fishpond, and next to it two waterfalls of the Enz river that formerly were used by the mill next to them.Related to:
- Family Travel
Church of Neuerburg
The church was built in 1492 in late gothic style. It's on the street to the castle, so if you walk there why not peek into it, it's a nice church!
Next to church is a gate tower and I guess it were the bells of that tower that were waking us up each day at 6 am...Related to:
- Religious Travel
Beilsturm - a tower
The so-called Beilsturm is a tower of the city's former fortification from the 16th century. Later it was used as fire watch tower. It's partly ruined, but you can climb up. From there you have a great view on the medieval town and the castle – even if you don't dare to climb up like me.Related to:
- Historical Travel
Zur Stadt Neuerburg: Restaurant "Zur Stadt Neuerburg"
The restaurant "Zur Stadt Neuerburg" is also a hotel and located at the main street. We had lunch there and got some good German food. I had a steak with pineapple, sauce and cheese, which was great. Prices are normal, and it seems it's a well-known place by bikers as whenever we passed by we saw some motorbikes there.
Interesting destinations nearby
Favorite thing: In case you are wondering what you can do in the area, here are some suggestions:
- Gaytal-Park in Körperich/ Germany on the street B50 from Bitburg to Vianden, with a nature trail and a visitor centre. The exhibition is open Thursday to Sunday from 11:00 to 18:00. (14 km)
- Vianden in Luxembourg, with a nice castle and hydro-electric power plant that can be visited (17 km)
- Orchidarium in Daleiden, where you can see and buy orchidaeous and other plants. Also there are a few animals (turtles, parrots and fishes) and a nice little garden. (16km)
- Oven and iron museum in Hüttingen (12 km)
- Eifelzoo in Lünebach, with lots of different animals. It's open from 9:00 to 18:00. There's a train from which you can feed deers – but it can scare children if the deers are suddenly almost inside the train!Related to:
- Castles and Palaces
- Family Travel